Chapter 12 Diet Mountain Dew

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"I'm not gonna listen to what the past says,

I've been waiting up all night.

Take another drag turn me to ashes,

Ready for another lie?"

Chapter 12

"So you share this room with Callum?" Emily asked.

She tiptoed across the bedroom, picking up sentimental belongings every now and then. I began to zip away at my carry on bag, returning some of the old soaps and shampoos back into it's original spot.

Turning on my heel, I sat on the ground, watching as Emily plopped herself on the mattress.

"Pretty much. But if anything I slept in here once," I said nonchalantly.

"Did you guys share the bed too?" She asked. Emily threw herself back so that she could lay horizontally.

"Supposedly, but apparently I wasn't awake to notice," I murmured. I walked over the bathroom and ran the brush through my damp hair. It was working it's way through the tangles and straightening my hair out.

A light tap on the door caught the attention of both of us.

"Are you ladies ready to head on out?" Callum asked. I placed the brush back on the counter and turned to Emily, just to see what she was doing.

"Yeah, we're good to go." She sat up from the bed and started walking out, me quickly trailing along. I didn't want to stay alone with Callum any longer than I had to.

He stood at the door, waiting for all of us to leave. His eyes trailed after Emily, and I found that the perfect opportunity to walk past him.

"Wait," Callum said, placing a rough hand on my arm. I stopped abruptly in my place, a frown marring my face.

"What?" I snapped. I angled my head upwards to look at Callum. He was staring down at me, and I couldn't tell whether he was judging me, or just thinking. "Well?"

"Did you like the breakfast?" he asked sheepishly. I furrowed a brow. What was up with him?

"Yes." I watched as his features softened. "Why?"

Callum instantly fixed his posture and said, "Nothing, we wouldn't want you fainting during the meeting."

What a dick thing to say.

My frown deepened, slightly disappointed by his reply. I never found myself as weak. My training allowed me to last for days without food, so why would Callum suddenly degrade me of my capabilities?

Although, we did fight the other day. Of course we won't see eye to eye. Callum may have liked me before hand, but my new found feelings for him are fresher. I'm pretty sure he's not as into me now that he knows my habits.

I ripped my arm out of his hold and said, "We shouldn't be late either."

Everyone shuffled into Sebastians office, one by one. Looking left to right, I noticed the dark room was always going to be this depressing. I saw Mason sitting in one part of the room with other members of the gang, Emily making herself to one side, and Sebastian front and center near his desk.

Callum followed suit shortly after I did, but eventually made his way next to Mason. That left me standing awkwardly at the door.

"Mason, how far are you in for recovery?" Sebastian asked. His voice boomed through the room, heightening his presence.