Chapter 13 Off to the Races

I had to post early, mainly because well...I ain't gonna do it next week.................Yeah, I totally defeated that whole Hiatus thing.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Now I'm off to the races..

God I'm so crazy, Baby.

I'm sorry that I'm misbehaving.

I'm your little harlot, scarlet...

Raising hell all over town.

Sorry bout it."

Chapter 13

Spending the rest of my afternoon with Emily really tired me out. Trying to get to know someone without bonding is as equally frustrating. Don't get me wrong, I was glad that I had at least one "friend" on my side for the time of being. It's just, imagine how hard it is to lie to a good person that you weren't intending to hurt.

Emily is a nice girl, but I felt like I couldn't utter a single word about my life, or my past, or my plans for the future--at least without giving myself away.

There are so many flaws within this job assignment, and sometimes I wish I was here on vacation. I wish I wasn't sworn into MERCHANTS anymore. I wish I had a life, a life of my own. I wish I could be free from it all.

So far, during my time spent here, I've experienced what it was like to actually have problems of my own. I have a crush, I have secrets that I want to tell, I have a friend, and I have felt what it's like to be rejected.

Normal people don't see that as a luxury, but when your life is as fucked up as it gets, that's all you want. To worry about the simple things in life.

I unlocked the door quietly, and began to sneak my way out of the house. Either it's really late at night, or extremely early in the morning, I don't care. I had to wait forever just to make sure everyone fell asleep. They can't know that I planned to sneak out.

Making my way through the streets in the dark, I made haste with my time. If I wanted to meet with Parker, it'd have to be soon.

Where did he want me to meet again? The back alley?

Well he couldn't have been anymore damn specific. Honestly, this city is a maze at night, but if I'm hoping to get some leads then I should start near the Hotel. I mean, we were there last, so he couldn't be far from point A to point B.

Perhaps near the underground parking lot in the back?

I let out a breath and began jogging my way around.

"Back alley, back alley..."I trailed off. I twisted my head left to rest, looking both sides of my way to keep an eye out for Parker. "I'm never going to-"