Mermaids

A/N hey there, new chapter is up! so, READ IT :)

-------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------

I stare down at the beautiful scene set before my eyes. "what are they?" i say curiously as i snuggle closer into Marc's side.

"you wanna get a closer look?" he asks me with a grin.

"Heck yeah!.. i mean, yes sir, i would love to see this closer up" i said in a propper tone

"i like it better when you say what youre thinking. just becuase im a prince doesnt mean im into all that propper stuff. he said with spirit "thats why i like you... youre different"

i felt a rosy glow creep up into my cheeks and i just nudged him and said "so how are we going to get closer?"

"well, close your eyes and count to ten."

"okay..." "one... two..."

" no peeking"

"im not!.... three.. four" i split my fingers a bit and i couldnt see him

"i said no peeking" he said as he puts his hand over my eyes "here we go!"

just like that, the whole ten ft of grass surrounding us, began to steadily drop and i could feel my stomach get that feeling that it did when i went on roller coasters at the amusement park. but it was a good feeling.

"okay, open your eyes"

my jaw dropped.

"is this real?" i said stupidly.

he just laughed, "yupp, all one hundred percent real. you dont have things like this where you are from i guess?"

"nope. these things dont even exist where im from."

"tonight is a special night" he said staring out into the ocean weaved with mermaids"one night out of the year, they come onto land and have a huge celebration with a lot of dancing. its the only night they have legs so they make the most of it."

"no way!" i said in disbelief. "can we stay for the party?"

"yeah sure, if you want to get ripped to shreads." he said in a monotoned voice then giving me a shy smile. "they dont like girls. lets just say that. especially pretty ones. they like to keep their ment o themselves so they would not hesitate to kill you."

"sounds like the girls from back home." i said. "except where im from its more of a block them on facebook and spread nasty rumors about them kind of thing."

i could tell he didnt understand what i said so i clarified

"theyre just mean to girls they dont like and give them dirty looks and stuff."

"i saw a lof of girls giving you 'dirty looks' tonight" he said

"they're probably just mad that i have such a beautiful dress. i never get attention like that back home. i tend to blend in"

"not possible" he interrupted. "even a man who is extremely full of himself would not be able to ignore you."

"ohh if only that were true. I'm not really that girl."

"i think you are." he said bluntly. he seemed to grow deeper "Jake, your friend, i think he likes you very much. only, he cares too much for himself to show you. i have seen they way that he looks at you, but he has a lot of anger and aggression too. so be careful."

everything he said, i believed. but i feared that his opinion of me far off. i am not that girl that everyone notices. definitely not. we stood there in a comfortable silence for a while and not long later, he pulled on my hand.

"we gotta go!"

"why?!"

"they re about to come up, we gotta get back to the top, NOW"