Hooded and cloaked

A/N so, new chapter, sorry it took so long, ive been exhausted from work BUT HERE IT ISSSSSSSSS :) x

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its probably seven in the morning. considering the time I went to bed last night, I should still be asleep but I can’t. How can I sleep when I’m so homesick? I need to find Roscious. THIS IS NOT COOL. Not cool at all. Ever since my dream of my brother pleading for me to save him I have not been able to sleep. At this point, the only person who can help me is Roscious. I finally decide to get out of bed and do something about it. I look into the closet in my room to see what kind of clothes I had on hand.

                You have got to be joking. ALL DRESSES. No way. This will not work at all. I creep down the hall in my pajamas slid into Jakes room; desperate times call for desperate measures. I spot a pair of pants lying across a chair. I pull them on under my nightgown and tie them at the waist as tightly as possible. Now if only I could find a… shirt… hmmm… I open his closet and pull one of the shirts off a hanger.

                I glance over at Jake to make sure he is sleeping which he is and quickly pull my night gown over my head. My hands were shaking because I was so nervous that Jake would wake up to me half naked. I throw my nightgown off to the side and pull the cool clean shirt over my arms and shoulders and begin buttoning it.

I hear a rustling over towards his bed and freeze. He mumbles something inaudible and rolls over in his blankets. Phew. Finally I grab one of the hooded cloaks out of his closet and a pair of shoes. I put my hair back into a pony tail and draw the hood over my head.

I’m going out in disguise! Don’t ask me why but I felt that it was appropriate to dress up as a man to go into town.

I step into the center of town and am immediately overwhelmed by its busyness, it’s incredible! I head straight for the docks.

*manly cough* “excuse me sir, just out of curiosity, how much would it be to rent one of these here boats?” I say to the old seaman as gruffly as humanly possible.

“They’re not for rent, they’re for fishin.” He responds “sorry kid.”

“Oh, thank you.” I say nonchalantly “that’s what you think.” I smile as I walk away. Looks like there might be some thievery involved with this mission.

I head back into town and decide that I’m tired of fancy food. I want something with more of a home cooked feel.

“Table three needs more fried dumplins!” “Pancakes are up!”

Oh yes, those are the kinds of shouts that I like. A small diner called Madge's place was the place I settled on. The second I walked in I caught sight of someone not unknown to me. “Shit.”

I draw my cloak closer under my chin and continue to sit in a booth and hide my face behind a menu. I peek over the top to check out the scene. What was he doing here? Wait where did he go?

Oh there he is. I catch his reflection in my napkin holder. Do not make eye contact. I think to myself.

I guess he had other plans for this meeting. “Sir, I do not mean to trouble you but I would like to treat you to breakfast this morning.” he was talking to me.

I mumble and try to think of what to say.

“Sir? Are you okay?” he asks as he maneuvers to look me in the face “Rachel?” He laughs, showing his great white teeth off. He begins to laugh and sits down to regain his posture.

“Um hi.” I say embarrassed.

“What are you doing here?” he asks wonderingly.

“I could ask you the same thing. “ I respond.

“Well you could but it wouldn’t make as much sense seeing as I’m not the one pretending to be a boy and since I am the prince I think it to be my duty to socialize with the subjects.”

Yup you guessed it. It’s Marc.

I’m blushing I know it. I admit. There’s something about Marc, I don’t know if it’s good or bad but he has an effect on me. Unlike any other. With his huge influence over me also comes strength unlike any other strength I’ve felt. When I’m with him I feel like I can ignore him forever as long as he’s there and act like he has no power over me but once he’s gone I feel the void.

“Well in any case, the offer still stands” he says snapping me out of my thoughts. “Lets get some food.” He says.

“Well I don’t usually accept meals from people who insult my clothing but I’ve just noticed that I don’t have any of your currency so yes I accept. I said

He smiled at me and called over a woman named Mabel “we’ll both have tea with an extra shot of your special stuff and biscuits and gravy, oh and some waters with that we’ll figure out desert over our food.” He concluded. That’s so weird; it’s like I didn’t know what exactly what I wanted but he did.

We ate and carried easy conversation and he eventually brought up the one reason I was out this morning. My friends.

I have found out as much as I could to help you. I do not think my father would approve of this so I have not mentioned it to him. But I am willing to help you. He said turning grave. We can do this.

And so it begins I think to myself about the drama I have just gotten myself into by working with him and his brother who he doesn’t know exists, all the while hiding it from everyone else. Well the plus side is now I have someone to work with in the day and night it will help things move 2 xs faster. Plus they both have charming personalities and are friendly. I guess I could do worse.

----------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

vote comment fan share :) ill update next day i have off <3 bye loves!