Chapter 4: Emperor

Start from the beginning

You bit your lip as he eyed you.

"Am I really the only one who can see you?"

He nodded his head slowly, eyes falling to his hands that rested in his lap.

"You are..." He said in a quiet voice.

"Who are you?" You asked with furrowed brows.

Sure, you already knew his name....but you wanted to know what significance he held in life...what position he filled.

"I don't know." He answered truthfully. "I don't remember anything about who I was...all I know is my name....Kim Seokjin."

Your shoulders fell.

He really had nothing.

You could not imagine just waking up one day and not knowing where you were or who you are...you couldn't imagine not having any memories to replay over and over, you couldn't imagine having to restart your life every single day...

You were beginning to understand why he acted the way he did when you touched him...why he looks at you the way that he does...filled with awe and adoration...you were his only salvation...the only touch he had with anyone in the world..

"That's terrible..." You stated..."I can't even imagine what you must have gone through."

He shook his head, waving off your comment with his hand.

"You mustn't feel sorry for me," He said with a smile. "After all, now that I have met the Oracle, my loneliness is at an end."

You swallowed hard, hesitantly nodding your head as the sound of voices in the distance caught your attention.

"You should go, Jin." You stated as your eyes fell onto the sliding door of the bedroom. "I'm about to meet the Emperor..."

The ghost bit his lip before nodding..

"Can- Can I just-"

He cut himself off as his hand gently moved towards your own.

Your eyebrows furrowed as you looked at him, searching his eyes for an explanation.

"I just need to know that it's real." He finished.

You slowly nodded your head in approval.

Jin hesitantly took your hand in his, a sigh of relief escaping his lips as his eyes met yours again.

"Thank you."

With those two words, the spirit before you disappeared, leaving a cold spot in his place.

You looked down at the hand he had just been holding, mind racing with countless questions. Why was the Jin in this world dead? If there was one thing that you had learned in your time travelling worlds, it was that every single man played a key role in fulfilling the story...how could any of that happen if Seokjin was dead?

The sound of the doors sliding open, pulled you from your thoughts, blue gaze instantly moving to the entrance of the room as you watched two familiar men walk into the room.

Jungkook's eyes were as wide as the smile on his face as he took you in from head to toe, drinking in your odd appearance.

Jimin stood behind him, a smug expression on his face as his eyes locked with yours as he crossed his arms over his chest.

You barely resisted the strong urge to stick your tongue out at him.

You could hardly contain your shocked look as Jungkook's hands grabbed your face, cupping your cheeks and staring down at your bright blue eyes with child-like wonder.