During lunchtime, the boys and I sat with Jae and the girls. We all either cracked jokes, complained about homework or about the upcoming holidays.

However, I noticed the way Jimin was somewhat shy around Jae but also making conversation with her. I glance at both of them and also notice Jae slightly blushing then smiling widely. My heart ached. That should be me making her smile.

I sat there quietly eating my lunch, also listening to multiple conversations but mostly Jae's.

END OF FLASHBACK  . . .

A tear escapes and falls down my cheek.

I immediately wipe my tear away and sit up on the sofa.

Taking my phone out and scrolling through old photos on my phone, memories immediately come flooding back. A smile forms on my lips when I see an old yet gorgeous of Jae on our wedding day. I secretly captured it of her smiling so beautifully with her mum.

Truth is, I've never hated her. Ever. I was forced to. Every time I saw her, I kept fighting the urge to kiss her, hold her, love her, comfort her and show her how much I truly love her. Instead, I was forced to be the villain in our marriage. The evil one.

When Jimin liked Jae, I never hated him. He's my brother. He's been there for me through difficult times, but the problem was — we loved the same girl.

Back then, I secretly sacrificed my love for Jae and let Jimin take her instead. I knew how much he loved and her and knew he would keep her happy. I just wished that was me, instead of him.

I can't tell Jae everything yet. She doesn't want anything to do with me as of right now. She wants me to stay away from her and that's what I'm doing. I know it'll take time to get close to her but she's the only one that's ever understood me.

How I wish I could just turn back time and change everything in the past.

But I can't.

I have to pay the price for it now.

Jae's POV

We all sit at the dinner table, discussing wedding preparations with our parents.

They talk about my wedding dress and Mark's wedding suit, including the theme etc. Including the honeymoon, which causes me to blush.

All of a sudden, I feel an arm wrapped around my waist. My eyes widen a little and my face heats up when his fingers caresses my hip.

I glance over at everyone at the table to see if they're not looking, so I remove Mark's hand from my hip. I continue eating and acting like nothing happened.

Then his hand makes its way down my thigh. I blush and try removing his hand but instead he discreetly caresses my thigh. I whisper, "Mark, what are you doing?", and try to finish eating.

He whispers in my ear. "Trying to romance with my fiancé."

I smile and shake my head.