°¤6¤°

The following morning Yoongi is already selling the items he's stolen from the palace; he makes about two gold coins, an equivalence to two hundred silver coins.

So, generally speaking, he's made about half a year of money

As he weaves his way back to his cottage, he solemnly sits on his bed and stares down at Sehun who has yet to wake. Junmyeon has gone hunting in hopes of gaining something valuable in helping with his family situation.

Yoongi sinks through the solitude, blinking away his unshed tears. He inhales a gulp of air, fighting back the sob that is clawing its way up his throat.

"Everything is my fault, isn't it..." There's no response from the older boy, but he continues, anyway. "Nothing seems to ever work in my favor. Perhaps I was cursed with bad luck for the rest of my life. Or maybe the heavens above have given up on me, seeing that I am unworthy and nothing but scum."

He faintly smiles, wrapping his shaking hands over Sehun's. The light from outside makes his brother's features appear soft and ethereal, peaceful. Too peaceful.

If Sehun chooses to leave now, Yoongi doesn't know what he will do. Maybe he'll follow after him too since he has no reason to live.

But what about papa? He can't just leave him behind.

"What should I do, brother? I've ruined everything. It's worse than when I was accused of stealing from our stupid lord and accused of molesting his woman."

After receiving no response, Yoongi shuts his mouth. Why bother asking for help? No one could redeem him at this point. Not even the kindness of the Lord himself.

When he sits up, he spots something shiny on the inside of his cloak that is hanging by the door.

Curious, Yoongi walks over to the cloak and shuffles through it until he has a firm hold on a rounded object. He yanks it off, as it is caught on the fabric, and pulls it out to observe it.

It gleams under the sunlight — gold and orange.

"Whose is this?"

°¤Masquerade¤°

"You could've tackled him, Jungkook!" Shouted Jimin. He was huffing through his nose as it flared with rage. "You're the strongest out of all of us, heck, you even succeed over most knights, if not all."

"Hey, you never know. He could've seriously gotten hurt if he did anything rash," Namjoon retorted. As the wise one of the group, he found it ideal to let the thief leave before any harm could be inflicted. They didn't know how skilled the stranger was.

Jungkook sighed, crossing his arms over his chest. The rest of the princes kept mum as they thought back to what had happened last night.

They were currently in Jungkook's kingdom, talking in a hidden room in Jungkook's palace so that no one would eavesdrop. None of them have yet to tell anyone about the encounter with the thief or the fake prince.

"Guys, I really could have taken him down on my own," Jungkook muttered.

"Then why didn't you do anything!?" Taehyung burst, face red from raising his voice. "Why let that thief go?!?"

Seokjin and Hoseok were frowning, still too shocked to think correctly from last night's wreck.

Everyone waited for the important question.

"Because... I don't know... He was never going to hurt me, to begin with."

"And how do you know that?" Jimin pushed for more.