---Price to Pay---

Start from the beginning

They bowed to Prince and the large stone door opened with a deafening sound.

"He is my apprentice, heavily injured." Bretrarum made my brief introductions and I was allowed to walk in."

A wooden bridge greeted us as the door opened and under the bridge, there was a sparkling clear river. I kept walking in absolute silence slightly intimidated by the surrounding that was not as calm as the town area.

We kept walking through the widespread lush green field surrounded with endless quarters built with red bricks. But before we could reach the large beige colored palace now in my vision, I saw the approaching person following by a trail of people, maidservants, and royal guards.

It was safe to say that she was the Sorceress, with the silver crown resting on her head and the way she carried herself, she was definitely royalty. But she was beautiful, the kind of beautiful that would turn heads and make people speechless. Her eyes were perfect almond shape, a beautiful forest green color complimenting her auburn red hair extending down to her hips.

She was petite and slender. She was the only known female ruler of a Kingdom and she had that aura that declared she was not to be messed with. Her slim figure was covered with a white gown beaded with pearls and her lips were painted a subtle shade of rose pink. Even as a female I thought she was absolutely stunning.

And then followed the jealousy.

There was no way that Bretrarum or any other male on the planet did not find her attractive.

"Averia, I need your help," Prince said with a tone of familiarity and friendliness and I felt agitated.

"Anything for you love." She said in a seductive tone that made me want to puke.

"Take the men with you." She instructed her servants to assist me somewhere and I obliged having no other option.

"Who is he?" She asked as I was being taken away.

"My apprentice." Prince lied with perfection and gave her a charming smile I have never seen him use before.

And it turns out Prince was a master of fooling people.

---

When I woke from sleep in the lavish room that was given to me, I took note of the surroundings. The walls were painted beige and on them were runes embossed with gold. There was no painting or tapestry just the runes etched on the walls. A chandelier hung over me and a brown color soft carpet covered the floor. Wooden tables were placed on either side of my bed.

In front of my bed was a large space, with nothing but a wooden bookshelf at the end of the wall. There were books on a shelf that made me curious but before I could get up and walk, the door opened to my room and Bretrarum and Averia walked in. I mentally thank the lord because I was still covering my face and everything.

"As far as I sensed from my power, he has poison inside him." 

Bretrarum nodded but didn't say a word letting her come to her own decision about my life.

"Poor soul, love is killing him. And you said it's the doing of that notorious Queen." Apparently, everyone knew about the evil Queen except me.

Again Bretrarum nodded without a word.

"I have the cure for this poison but I won't give it for free." She said with a suggestive smile.

"What do you ask for in return?" He asked not even hesitating once.

"My younger sister suffers from an ailment and I can't help her. It's beyond my power. Stay here for seven days and help her." I sighed in relief on hearing her request.

But Bretrarum seemed a little unhappy at her request, more uncomfortable than relieved.

"Also, have dinner with me tonight. There is a special celebration," she said obviously making up the celebration. 

She just wanted to have dinner with him.

"I would be happy to join you," Bretrarum said with that charming smile persistent on his face.

And now she smiled with joy, she was head over heels for the Prince and it was evident in her eyes.

"Bring in the antidote." She called out that easily and one servant brought in the bowl.

"I will leave you to brew this. I noticed the poison in the system has been tampered with, it's stronger and harsher. Few more hours and this boy would have died. You need to brew it with dark magic." She said almost challenging the Celest Healer.

"Don't worry. I will see you for dinner later tonight." And with that, she left.

Before I could through a tantrum or be angry at him for being such a smooth talker, he started with his enchantment whispering words furiously, smoke started rising from the liquid in the bowl as it turned from clear liquid to blood.

I saw his eyes turn from indigo to a raven black as he cast the spell.

"It's done." He said after a few minutes and carefully placed the liquid on the table next to me and the pain shot through my heart at his slightest proximity.

I wanted to ask how could I trust him or what if his lady love gave us poison but then again I was not that worried even if it was poison.

I was still eager to die so I removed my mask, picked up the bowl and drank the liquid that was tasteless but it burned down my throat all the way down to my stomach or wherever this magic liquid was supposed to go. I felt guilty for using magic to heal myself because our Kingdom was the binders of magic.

But there was no Kingdom or nothing left to care for.

And next moment I felt so much pain like my heart was plucked out of my chest and I blacked out.

---

Was this a cure or something worse?

Anyway, the lady love trapped Prince here in return of cure. I bet there is a lot of fun to come ;)

Just a friendly reminder, these two haven't kissed yet :D

NEXT UPDATE: FRIDAY