46

The last day of school flew in quickly. I wasn't even thinking about the summer technically. I was thinking about the Band Field Trip! I wouldn't really have to say goodbye to everyone, we could even bring one person along on the field trip. Which I would have brought my dad or mom, but Cory told me that I probably would want to experience this moment for myself. Vic had invited Cory, while Farley invited Lily. I felt like the odd one out since I didn't have anyone to invite. If Bookie wasn't Farley I would have invited him, but since he is Farley I didnt have to worry about certain things- Which didn't matter because I'm pushing those feelings clear! All the way back to my mind!

I would have been able to distract myself with finals like I had done the days previously, but I had none today. And I only had Band and Advanced History today. Thankfully I got an A in History so I could skip that final, same in Band. Sadly, Farley and Vic had their final so I was going to be left to entertain myself. Farley was so close to an A, having a high B. Vic on the other hand had a D, which was for missing a concert I believe or just doing bad on our pop quizzes and tests. After over two hours had passed, we were released for lunch.

"I have some news." Farley says as soon as he gets to the table with his lunch, and takes a seat across from me.

"For the group?" I say glancing around before looking back at him. "Because it's just me here right now.

"They already know." he says waving his hand, making me huff.

"You told them, but not me? How rude." I mumble while scooping up a spoonful of mash potatoes, and plop it into my mouth.

"Best for last." he says shooting me a grin, as he taps on the table.

I swallow with hot cheeks, the cause from the food and him. "Well, what is it?" I ask looking down at my food, rolling my peas on top of each other.

"The creater of Creative Hour at Blue Ginger, helped me make my first album! That's part of why I've been so busy lately, apart from band." he says cheesing at me, before downing almost all of his tangerine juice in one slurp.

I almost choked on the spoonful of peas I had out in my mouth. But I managed to chew up the rest and swallow properly. Nonetheless, I sent him a wide grin.

"Tha-That's just...wow...amazing!" I say a bit too loud, causing some peers glance my way. I clear my throat looking down a bit, as heat rises to my cheeks. "I'm proud of you." I mumble as he sents me a smile of his own, his cheeks looked kike they hurt from all this cheesing.

"I probably won't be a famous artist or anything, but this is a huge accomplishment for me." he says before taking a huge bite from his chicken leg.

Eventually our other friends came back, we dived in deeper about Farley's album. But eventually, we went onto other topics. Before we knew it the bell had rung, and it was time for us to return back to our classes. I hugged Lily goodbye and managed to get a smile from Cory.

"You didn't give me a goodbye hug." Vic pouts as we head back to Band.

"We're still going to the same class, I won't see them until the end of the day possibly." I say huffing, before he ruffles my hair.

"I was jookiiingg, anyway you'll see them on our trip." he says rolling his eyes with a smile, before getting ahead of me.

Farley slowly walks uo to my side. "So, I have something for you." he says nudging me gently.

"Again? What's the news this time?" I ask quirking an eyebrow.

"You have to wait until we get to the Band room, my backpack is in there." he says grinning.

"Oooh a gift." I say smiling, and pout trying to make puppy eyes. "Mind telling me what it is?"

"Mmm..you'll see." he says tapping his chin near his lips, his grin not fading.

As soon as we got to the classroom, Farley went straight ro his backpack. He barely did any digging, he must have knew exactly where it was. And he must be very organized....unlike me sometimes. My backpack was chaotic half the time. He walked over to me and showed me- what was obviously an album, "This September". I didn't have to read that songs were sung and written by Farley to know it was his album.

He handed me the album, and I with a smile I immediately hugged him. I didn't hesitate to think before doing it. His arms wrapped around me, but we pulled away when Ms. Housewright cleared her throat. My face was hot as some students snickered. Anyway, I was proud that he came this far. 

I showed Ms. Housewright the album, and she immediately took it, then put the disk in her laptop. Before I knew it, Farley was already gone, working on his secret band "mission".

"Romance over the Internet
Pretty white lies easily seen as true
But with those eyes I can't lie
I fell for you
Oak of my eye"

I jolted in my seat instantly from the lyrics. Was I crazy? I couldn't be, Oak was apart of my name. It's supposed to be "apple of my eye", he specifically said oak. And he talked about the internet... Was he revealing to me from himself finally? I swallowed hard, as I felt my ears even burn with my face. He also said fell.

There were a few songs about me, well I thought that could be. Then there was ones about love and struggles. And I waited patiently to talk to him all about it, but the bell for the next and last class of the day rang. He never came back, so I would just have to wait until after school to talk.

Throughout my whole seventh hour my mind drifted off to his songs. I couldn't help but think they were about me, most of them. At least...I hoped so.

But after my last class when I walked out with the others, I saw no sight of him. I texted and even called him when I got home, but he did not answer. It was slowly driving me insane, dad told me to just try to let it go or wait. But how could I? He wouldn't answer as Bookie either. I didn't even get to properly say goodbye to him... What if I didn't even see him on the trip? All I had of him left besides my memories, our messages, and that book, was this album.

Less than a week passed, when it was time for the field trip.