17

It was not only Halloween but my birthday. It came quick, the months were going by faster than I could say, Bookie. My cheeks heated up at the thought of him and my heart flip-flopped. Why did I bring him up?

"Happy birthday." My dad said grinning and kissed my head passing me a plate of pancakes covered in chocolate syrup, whip cream, and sprinkles.

"Thanks, dad." I laughed grinning back and dug in as he ate a bagel with cream cheese.

At school everything was great. We were all acting like we did before the incident. I was so glad I didn't ruin anything with my awkwardness. I also felt that I was looking up slightly.

"So did you tell your friends it's your birthday?" dad asked and I glanced up from my pancakes chewing making him sigh. "That's a no isn't it?" he asked and I nodded swallowing. "Why? This is the first real party you'll have if you invited your friends," he said then coughed laughing nervously as I glared.

"What happened to a birthday party is a birthday party no matter how many people are there or not." I huffed crossing my arms and he huffed also.

"I didn't mean it like that son, just tell your friends!" he said getting out the kitchen when he could make me grumble to myself as I pulled out my phone.

I wish Bookie could come. I text him first even though he couldn't come but the only God would know how much I wanted him to.

CyberGeek: Hey? Um...I never told you but today is my birthday. ALSO HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

I mentally groaned after sending it. I only said the last part to get his mind away from my birthday. Soon my phone vibrated. I bit my lip checking my phone.

BookerBooker: YOU DIDN'T TE......

I knew what was coming. I couldn't help but giggle even though it seemed he was upset. I clicked on it and I was taken to my messages on Feather book.

BookerBooker: YOU DIDN'T TELL ME THIS BECAUSE?! And Happy Halloween to you too.

I sighed texting Bookie back. I wonder if the others will react the same way. Possibly, maybe I should have told them all beforehand.

CyberGeek: Sorry I'm not used to having to tell anyone besides reminding family members just in case they forgot.

I sent my reply then text Vic, Farley, Cory, Lily, and Clyde. All of them at the same time on a group chat. I thought it would be simpler that way.

Me:

Umm, today's my birthday, sorry for not telling any of you. Also HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Soon my phone had vibrated about twenty times. Okay, I was being dramatic. But six notifications is a lot, the vibrating noise was constant. I decided to answer Bookie first then I'll go see what the others said.

BookerBooker: Oh, that's sad :( I'm sorry. And it's okay, happy birthday Cy :)

I felt my cheeks get hot and my heart pounced before flip-flopping. I felt the corners of my lips rise and I couldn't help myself from giggling. I soon clicked on my the group texts.

Cory:

Yo, happy birthday and happy Halloween

Vic:

You should have told us Oakely!!! But happy birthday/Halloween!!!

Lily:

Happy Birthday *balloon emojis* and Happy Halloween :) *pumpkin emojis*