39

Lily's Birthday came, I was prepared for once unlike the other times birthdays came rolling. And I was also prepared for sweet spring break. Sure I liked school kind of but I also loved not being in school, even though I would miss my friends. So I came up with the idea that we should all hang out more after school, or to say during break.

We all planned to go over to Lily's house for her birthday. I came pretty early, not many were here. I saw some people that seemed to be Lily's family members. Cory was the only one in our group here so far. When I saw the two together them almost kissing came to mind. I shook my head to get rid of the thought. It wasn't any of my business, but if something was going on between the two would they tell us?

Soon there was a knock at the door. To my relief when I looked through the blinds it was Clyde. I went to the door and let him in. Finally I wasn't alone here. Lily and Cory seemed to be busy with other things, and I didn't want to disturb them. I let Clyde in with a smile.

"The others aren't here yet?" Clyde asked glancing around at the unfamiliar faces.

"No, just Cory and me....and now you." I say with about awkward pause and laugh.

"Guess the party hasn't really started or we're late." Clyde replies with a shrug as I close the front door and lock it.

"I'm sure things will get more exciting soon." I say as he looks around again.

"No drinks or anything?" he asks with a slight frown.

"I think there's some in the kitchen, I'll go look and ask Lily if I don't see any." I say leaving the living room.

When I almost made a turn to enter the kitchen, I stopped in my tracks. I heard Lily and Cory were mumbling. I assumed it was coming from the kitchen but when I peeked I didn't see them. I did see a door open that must have lead to another room or something. I decided to just do what I came to do, and quick as I could. I opened a cabinet for a cup, but closed it. I didn't want to dirty get dishes. So now I was on the hunt for paper or plastic cups.

"Look Lily, I'm gay." I heard Cory say.

I froze as the last word echoed in my ears. Gay...gay? That word seems so familiar yet so foreign....Bookie. Right, he said he was gay. And Cory is saying he's gay....was I-

The sound of footsteps made me lose my train of thought. I could see Lily now and only Cory's back. I quickly but quietly looked for the cups. I finally found them at least right near the door where Lily and Cory was. I tried not to be noticeable and crept over to the refrigerator. I pulled out the huge bottle of Crush orange soda. I started pouring some in a cup and so happened to glance over.

"Yes, I know..." Lily replied smiling with glassy eyes.

Her smile seemed so painful and forced. I frowned while putting the bottle away and closed the fridge. I wanted to go over to her and comfort her. But I needed to at least get Clyde his drink. I scurried off from the kitchen back to where I left Clyde. Everyone else was here now, it seemed more energetic than before. I didn't know how I could have not heard Farley and Vic since they were now arguing over somehing while Clyde shook his head and/or laughed.

"That took you a while, sorry about that." Clyde says glancing up at me and I shake my head while handing him the cup.

"No, I should be the one apologizing." I say then glance at Vic and Farley. "Hey you two, don't spoil the birthday girl's party." I try teasing but end up feeling my face get hot and look down.

"Nice try. But I think Cory can do that easily." Vic replies laughing and I frowned.

From what I saw and heard it seems like he might have actually. But I didn't really understand how or why. The sound of footsteps gained all of our attention, turning around Lily was walking in with Cory by her side. She seemed to be smiley, nothing like what I saw just a few moments ago. I guess everything was okay now.

"Happy birthday Lily." Farley says to her grinning.

"Yeah happy birthday, where's the cake?" Vic says earning a playful glare from Lily while Cory rolled his eyes.

"We have to at least open gifts and sing happy birthday first." Clyde says as I shake my head at Vic. "Happy birthday by the way." Clyde says nodding at Lily with a smile who returned the smile.

"Well, let's get to opening the presents then." Lily says glancing at everyone smiling and some of her family members cheer.

We get settled down, with some drinks and food. Lily is passed some wrapped up gift boxes or gift bags. She got a lot of clothes some make up I'm sure Lily wouldn't really use. She didn't seem to wear some very often. She also got some jewelry. Then it was time for gifts from friends, us. Clyde was the first to go, he gave her a wrapped up gift. When she opened it she squealed.

"A book?" Vic said quirking an eyebrow.

"It's a scrapbook." Lily corrected with a glare then smiled at Clyde. "Thank you so much!"

Vic scoffed and handed her a gift bag. Lily took it while rolling her eyes. I glanced between them curiously. I know Vic seemed to not get along with most easily, such as Cory and Farley but that was it. Or at least I thought it was, now it seemed Lily and him didn't either. Lily glanced inside and pulled out some more makeup.

"Thanks." she said and moved on to Farley, Vic huffed in response.

Farley gave her a story book this time. She seemed very happy about it. I hope my gift was just as good also. I know I wasn't really good with the whole birthday thing with other people that weren't family... Family can smile no matter what you give them, or to say my family. But my friends on the other hand I don't think would react the same. I decided to just give her my gift last. I didn't think it would be as grand as the others. But Cory didn't hand her a gift and Lily's eyes landed on me.

"So um...did you get me a gift?" she asked and I felt my cheeks heat up.

"O-Of course." I say ruffling with the gift bag before actually handing it to her, she smiled at me. 

But she never got to really look inside, see her gift. Vic erupted like a volcano. I'm not sure if it was good or not, that some of her family members left to other rooms and others left the house completely. And one thing lead to another.

"Why is everyone getting a smile but me?!" Vic scoffed. "I gave you a gift unlike Cory over here."

"Why are you oblivious to Cory about most things except this." she shot back and Cory's eyes widen before landing on her, glaring.

"What do you mean?" Vic asked the same thing I was wondering as well, with an eyebrow quirked.

Lily paid no attention to Cory, keeping her focus on Vic. Cory seemed tense next to her, the atmosphere around us changed. I tried to jump in and change the subject but Lily continued.

"I mean-" Lily started but Cory got up so fast I felt it and Lily seemed to also.

"I'm leaving, don't call or text me Lily. I'm sick of dealing with you, suck it up buttercup because the world is cruel." Cory spat with narrowed eyes and Lily's eyes glistened. "I'm out of here, worse party ever." he said looking away with glassy eyes then stormed out the house.

~ Hey guys sorry this was a bit late today! I been reached the word goal I wanted haha I just couldn't figure out how I wanted to end the chapter. But here you all go! Next I'll be working on Anger Guidance for the app Tapas. It should be updated this Wednesday! Love you all thanks for the support, remember to vote, share, and commeeent ❤