14| Screw It, Let's Ruin the Friendship

Começar do início

a smile crept onto his face after a little while. he looked at me with a smile that reached his eyes. my heart began to beat fast once i saw it. that smile is the highlight of my day. "i'd love to be your partner, kayc." he said.

i tried my best not to scream in excitement so i just sent him a small smile. "yay." i said quietly cheering. he laughed and walked closer to me. he grabbed my hand and pulled me to the piano to sit beside him on the bench.

he placed his fingers on the keys while i watched him. he began to play and i almost instantly recognized the song. it was i can't help falling in love by elvis presley. putting my knees to my chest, i let out a content sigh as i witnessed him getting lost in the song. his hair hung over his eyes as if he were lost and broken.

after a minute or two, he finished the song then looked at me. i failed to notice that a smile was on my face from watching him. he huffed and turned to me. "what?" he asked with a grin on his face.

i just shook my head. "it just proves what i said to be true. you're amazing, sean lew." a slight blush creeped onto his cheeks as i said so. i loved the effect we had on each other. it was genuine.

a thought was still in the back of my head so i decided to address it. "still wanna know why i was hanging with josh so much?" he looked at me confused. "you don't have to tell me if you d-"

"i want to." i reassured him. he gestured for me to continue. i turned to the piano then tied my hair up into a bun. i tested a couple keys before starting.

after i stopped playing, i felt a release run through my body. there was genuine happiness that took over. i gently took my fingers off the keys, soon remembering that sean was there. i slowly turned to look at him only to meet his gaze.

"there you go." i said clapping my hands, my voice soft after playing. i smiled but it soon faltered as i saw that he wasn't saying anything. "sean?"

"you're beautiful, kaycee rice." he said looking me in the eye. a slight chuckle escaped my lips at his words. "you've told me that already." i said, playfully shoving him. he swiftly grabbed my hand and pulled me closer.

"i'm serious, kayc." he said intertwining our hands. his intense gaze made me nervous so i tried to scoot back a little only for him to hold me in place. i chuckled nervously and averted my gaze. "you okay, kayc?"

i nodded my head right away. he chuckled lifting my head with a gentle touch under my chin, making our gazes meet. "are you sure? if i didn't know any better, i'd say you're nervous." he said grinning in amusement. a blush crept onto my cheeks.

"do i make you nervous?" he asked getting in my face.

"nope. but i make you nervous." i said remarkably. he scoffed, rolling his eyes. "what makes you say that?" he asked biting his lip.

"nicole's routine." i replied. he then averted his gaze in shame, causing me to laugh. "it's okay. i have that affect on people." i said then ruffling his hair. we both laughed at nothing for i don't know how long and enjoyed each other's company. we proceeded to play the piano, playing songs from classical music to theme songs.

our relentless laughter was cut off when sean got a phone call. he excused himself from the room while i was sprawled on the floor. it was crazy how close we had gotten in such little of time. it's been almost a month and he had already won my trust, got in a fight for me, somehow made me addicted to his presence, and many other things.

my thoughts were interrupted when my own phone began to ring. it was bailey requesting a facetime call. "hey, bails!" i said cheerfully. she was being cuddled my a shirtless ken, who was also looking at the screen. "and ken."