11| Cupcake & Competition

I don't know why I made this chapter so long. Sorry. It's not even- Enjoy.

Ken's POV

"let's hang out this weekend." i suggested.

i was on a late night facetime call with bailey. it's been about 2 hours of laughing, joking around, and taking weird screenshots. she had called since she was bored home alone and doing laundry. it was always too quiet for her so she decided to call me to keep her company, which i wasn't complaining about.

"we hung out last weekend, ken." bailey laughed, causing butterflies to erupt in my stomach. i couldn't help but smile.

"alone, baby. we never do shit alone. last weekend wasn't even hanging out, it was babysitting our friends to make sure they didn't screw up on their date." i said slightly bothered. she sat up and leaned her phone on something to hold it up.

"fine, since it means so much to you..yes, we can hang out this weekend. what do you want to do?" she asked giving me a small smile. i thought about it for a moment while staring at her as she folded clothes.

"anything. as long as we're together and there aren't too many distractions." i said honestly. i saw a blush make a way to her cheeks once the words came out my mouth.

it's crazy how we still had that affect on each other after all this time of flirting, long deep conversations, and then dating for months.

"well, how about i come over and we have a movie night? we can make a nice korean dish together, maybe choreograph a little, and hey, if things get really exciting we can braid each other's hair." she joked. we both burst into a fit of laughter, holding our stomachs. "remember the photoshopped picture of.." i didn't even have to finish my sentence before she erupted into giggles again as she already knew what i was talking about.

i sighed happily as i watched the girl on my screen's face turn red. "i love you." i said staring at the screen. she froze and i panicked. "no, no. i- i didn't mean that. i was saying it to josh." i lied. i immediately regretted lying to her as i saw sadness fill her eyes.

"oh, um..." she pursed her lips as she averted her gaze. "you know what, i'm pretty tired. i'm gonna go to bed." she said, her voice sounding so small. i could tell she was hurt.

"wait, bails-"

"goodnight." she said in faux cheerfulness and hung up.

what the fuck did i just do?

Sean's POV

i woke up to the sunrise beaming through my window. i noticed a presence beside me...or should i say on me. i looked down to find kaycee's head on my chest and our arms wrapped around each other.

the dim lighting caused the sun to only beam on her face. she looked gorgeous. her cheeks had a slight pink tint on them and her soft pink lips were slightly parted. the curly cues that were supposed to be in a bun had fallen and laid across her face.

i reached over to my phone to check the time. 6:15am. i laid there for a bit longer and watched the small girl sleep. after about 5 minutes, i decided to softly shake her awake. "kaycee." i whispered while slightly nudging her.

"kaycee, we have to get up." i whispered nudging her a bit harder. her eyes popped open and let them wander as if she was figuring out her surroundings. she turned her face to me and met my gaze.

"good morning, shamu." she mumbled. then suddenly, she jumped up from her position and sat on the corner of the bed. "what's wrong?" i slightly chuckled at the random action.