"I'm looking for a specific lamp, and I know this isn't it, but I guess it doesn't hurt to try." I shrugged while the woman watched me with curious eyes.

My finger moved over the side of the lamp. It took a moment, as it always did, and then a puff of smoke heralded a new genie for me to meet. It was the first time I met a female genie. She had the same garb as all the other genies, but her coloured outfit was a deep, dark purple. It looked great against her blue, black hair that she had in a high ponytail on her head.

"Greetings, Mistress, I am Quintress of the Snite clan of genies. Once you agree to my ruling, I can grant you any boon you desire." Quintress stated almost identical words as every other genie who had greeted me.

Her formality made me want to leave. I'd never wanted to cower away more than every time I had to meet another genie. It made me miss Jene more, it made me long for his presence.

It also left me feeling like another foolish human who didn't know Jene's lamp from any other genies lamp. The thing was I did know Jene's lamp, but another genies lamp gave me a strange sense of hope. Maybe they could lead me to Jene's lamp without granting me wishes. None had, but they had all wished me good luck, or told me that Jene awaited me.

"Hi, Quintress, I'm Isla. You probably already know that I'm looking for Jene's lamp. I'm sorry to bother you, and to make you leave the Realm on such a useless errand." I quickly explained with that sense of foolishness making my face turn red.

Two women gasped out a breath. It seemed that I'd managed to shock both the elderly woman and the new genie. I've gotten used to the genies shock over me saying thanks but no thanks, but the old woman I couldn't understand. If she'd had a genie previously then she should know how it all worked.

"Do you know what you're giving up, child?" the elderly woman asked in a gaping breath.

"I know what I'm giving up. Her lamp isn't the one I'm searching for, and if I say yes I'll never see Jene again. I need to find Jene's lamp. The last thing I want to do is blow my chance at finding his lamp. That would doom the both of us and it's already hard enough without him." I explained, but the elderly woman remained staring at me in confusion.

"Jene talks of you often." Quintress smiled at me, a warm encouraging smile.

"Does he?" I asked with a bright happiness lighting my words.

"Yes. He also gave me advice to offer you if you ever found my lamp." Quintress bowed at me.

I realised it had to be fate that had shown this store to me. Nearly every day I drove past it without even noticing it's pretty façade. Today I'd had an urge to go inside. I wondered with a touch of amusement if my mum continued trying to push Jene and me together, even when we were worlds apart.

"What did he say?" I couldn't hide how thrilled I was to find out that Jene not only talked about me, but also wanted to give me tips to find his lamp. It could make my life a whole lot easier.

"He advised me to tell you that you are making things far too complicated in your search. Look much closer to home. He never intended for anyone else to find his lamp but you, so it would never be amongst places like this where other humans may find his lamp." She stated.

I considered her words and that sense of foolishness overwhelmed me for a moment. How could I have been stupid enough not to realise all that she'd just said? Jene wouldn't want someone else accidentally finding his lamp. That would mean more time giving wishes and waiting for his lamp to return, so I could find it again. How could I have been so stupid?

My fists clenched at my side. I wanted to blame Harrison for all of this. He was the one who'd started me looking in antique stores. I sighed and realised the blame was all mine. I should've thought things through a little more clearly.