"Good morning, Ms. Watson. In a rush?" 

She was, but Theo knew by now that it was always wise to see what the eyes and ears of the company had to say. 

"As always, Lisa. Have any idea what I'm walking into?" She asked the usually gossipy girl.

"Well you didn't hear it from me but we are supposedly expecting a huge guest within the next few days."

"How huge are we talking?" Theo replied.

Lisa quickly leaned forward in her seat as she prepared to spill all the juicy details. No one ever asked how the girl knew so much, but they were grateful for the useful information. It seemed she had a talent for being invisible and hearing things no one had even a hint of.

"So huge that we haven't even got a name. The visitor is high profile and can't risk  their whereabouts being known by the general public so their identity is top secret." 

"Nothing's too top secret for you though, is it?" Theo smirked.

"You bet your ass it isn't. So after some poking around, while I don't have a name, I do know it's a celebrity so private that only a select number of people actually know who it is. But somehow we managed to secure a once in a lifetime interview that will launch this company into the spotlight. Not that Elite needs it, but it will be huge!"

"Good to know. I owe you one, Lis."

"It's no surprise that you're gonna be in on it as you're one of the best writers this city's ever seen. I want the information. What good is the office gossiper if they're lacking the best details?"

"I'll see what I can do. Thanks, girl."

"No problem. Have a good day!" She returned with a smile.

--

"You needed to see me?" Theo said upon entering the office.

Joan Vance, editor-in-chief of Elite magazine wasn't a social person. She was never one to waste time with a quick chat, not when there was work to be done. So for her to request to have a chat just out of the blue it had to be serious. The silver-haired woman wasn't known to ever hold her tongue and her honesty was one of the main reasons Theo worked so hard to work under her.

"Please, have a seat. I have a rare opportunity in my hands and I want to make sure it gets taken care of by the right person." She got right down to it.

"And that person is me." 

Theo placed herself in the seat before her grand desk while hearing the surprising news.

"Without question. I've managed to secure a first time interview with one of the most fascinating men this world has ever known. You've heard of the Ross brothers?"

"The forefronts of biochemistry? They're easily the most sought after men in the country."

"Precisely. But they're no mere men. And all but one of them have been open about their life and goals. The very ruler of the seas, Poseidon. Finally, he's reached out to us for an exclusive piece on him. And of course, I've selected you for the job."

"I'm honored, but why us? Did he say why he chose us in particular?" 

"I didn't ask. You don't look a gift horse in the mouth." 

"My apologies then."

"None necessary. You do understand this has to be good, right? Don't mess up this rare opportunity. You're an excellent writer. Your honesty is what people love to see. It's raw, blunt, and influential. And for once it can take a load off."