Chapter 3: Nothing Special

Starshine didn't say a word, still. But a certain tone change in his air vents, which were audible over the engine, said all that was needed. Kind of a 'Now what??'

Blue frowned, "Well... I'm not sure what to do now, bud... We could try to find our humans..."
Lila frowned, "My human is probably blowing a gasket right now... She was taking me to a car show!" Blue tilted his head, "Where??"
Lila blinked, "I... Don't know from here. Some kind of fairgrounds...??" Blue shook his head, "You're in rodeo country. Fairgrounds are everywhere. Do you know the name of the town?? Anything??"

Lila furrowed her brow, "no... Wh-What about you two?? You're both so young... Don't you have owners worrying???" Blue laughed a bit, "Humans worry about nice sports cars. Not about bland SUVs. When was the last time you heard anyone go, 'Cool Trailblazer!' Or 'Check out that Escape!' ... You know?"
Lila narrowed her eyes, "Doesn't mean they wouldn't be worried... You're both a little beat up, but someone wanted you and kept you anyway, right?" Blue fidgeted with his right arm. "I mean... She did repair me... Even if it was a bit mismatched. But I was also her only--" Lila stopped him, "If you were just a ride, she wouldn't have fixed you. What about you, Starshine?" Well, she could try to make the Chevy talk... But he wasn't.
"He... Well, he's slid into someone before... That's why his bumper has chipped paint... He's spun out before, he's... Survived a lot without a dent." Blue stated. Lila took a listen, "Have you ever missed an oil change??" She asked of Starshine. As they were stopped, he was able to just tilt side to side on his wheels. Lila looked at Blue, "Don't think that because you're common, you aren't special to someone. Think. I was common, too."