Introduction

We live in the most competitive era of our time and only the strongest will come out on top. Achievement is a self fulfilling prophecy for many of us and if you are an achiever, or an over achiever that is struggling to find meaning in your life due to an undefined purpose, this book is for you. I have  always dreamed of writing a book but never knew what I would write about and most importantly why I would be writing. When you least expect something to happen, it comes to you, and I am at a point in my life whereby I have achieved and want more, but I am struggling with the dangers of over achieving. Dangers do not just form over night, they are built over time through tests and trials and experiences you will go through. The book will take a look at the life of an over achiever, the experiences which shaped the repercussions of being an over achiever and what you can do to avoid being trapped in what I like to call, 'the overachiever addiction'. Addiction, on its own, is a powerful statement and yes, you can be addicted to over achieving, just like I was.

Addiction to over achieving may sound positive to many of you—what could go wrong with constantly wanting to achieve as surely that would lead to more and more levels of success because of the resilience and determination. Over achieving can be great, but it could also lead to one of the most unintentional self disturbing methods for any of us. I have decided to write this book to share my experiences and help others avoid being trapped in the hole of self destruction because nothing will ever be enough for them to say I am now fullfilled.

The hole, the overachieving addiction, not only can self destruct you directly, but can also have an impact on those you love as you may leave people behind on that journey of wanting it all. While going through the chapters of the book, stop and end each Chapter with a self reflection on how you are able to relate to the story, how you have gone through something similar (which I am sure you have taking in to consideration you are reading this book), and how you handled and could have handled the situation. Take note on how that point in your life impacted where you are today and why you have that hunger to constantly over achieve.