45

Alison's POV:
I told Emily I was pregnant and her reaction was just adorable. She's such a great mother and person overall. I can't believe we're going to be a parents of a new baby. We have yet to tell our girls but I know they'll love it more than anything.
I'm kind of hoping for a boy, there's too many girls in this house. But I will still love this baby either way. This time Emily and I went with a donor with similar features to Emily. Lily and Grace look just like me and I want Emily to feel as if this baby is just as much hers as it is mine. Because in reality, I see how people look at us when we walk down the street. They think we're friends and I have my two kids. Unless we're holding hands people don't think it's possible for us to be a family. And people always compliment the girls on how beautiful they are and how their daddy must be really lucky and proud. It hurts Emily so much. It's also not like they do it on purpose either, so she's understanding.
   Emily and I decided to tell our friends and family. The girls were coming into town for a the weekend for it, but they didn't know exactly what. Em and I are going to tell our girls before anyone else. And of course my dad and Pam. 
   Lily and Grace were just now getting home from school and we couldn't be more excited.  They plopped their bags on the floor by the front door and came running into us. They gave us hugs and kisses. They still act like they did when they were five, it warms my heart.

Emily: "Your mother and I have something to tell you."

Alison: "Way to be subtle Em."

Emily: "I just can't wait!"

   The girls sat down next to us on the couch as we held onto their hands.

Alison: "I'm pregnant."

Lily: "NO WAY!"

Grace: "You're joking!"

Alison: "Nope, you're going to have a little brother or sister."

Lily and Grace: "YES!!!"

   They hugged me and Emily tight as they cried. This baby is already so loved by all who surround them. The girls had so many questions and ideas about baby names. You could tell they'd been waiting for this to happen for a very long time.

Alison: "Babies, we're only three months in to the pregnancy. Relax. We have plenty of time to figure this out. But we love and appreciate you for being so supportive."

   We all hugged one last time before they headed up their rooms to do god knows what. It was now time to tell our parents. We both facetimed them since Pam was in Texas and Kenneth was still at work.

Pam: "Hi Emmy!"

Emily: "Hi mom!"

Pam: "What're you calling for? You usually text me, is everything alright?"

Emily: "Yes of course. We just have something to tell you but we're waiting for Kenneth to answer."

And on cue he did.

Alison: "Hi dad!"

Kenneth: "Hi there princess! How are my girls?"

Alison: "We're all going great, thanks for asking."

Kenneth: "Where's my favorite daughter-in-law at?"

Emily: "Hi Mr.D."

Kenneth: "What's up girls?"

Emily: "Well..mom, Kenneth, we've called you two to let you know.."

Alison: "We're pregnant!"