21 ; sick

"class dismissed." then the bell rang.

nayeong let out a sigh and packed her things, getting ready to go home.

school break is over and things went back to the usual, parents working, son and daughter at school. but one thing was missing in nayeong's high school life- or should we say, something missing in her locker.

n hasn't been giving her any milks or letters. nayeong's mind is occasionally filled with possible reasons why n hasn't been giving her any.

she thought she was just being ridiculous, since she has always thought they have never talked to each other before, but there she was. thinking about him from time to time.

-

"god, what am i thinking.." nayeong started to slap herself as she walked down the snack aisle of the minimarket near her school.

"woah, what are you doing?" a deep voice was heard and she felt two hands stopping hers from slapping herself.

she opened her eyes to see someone she wasn't expecting. "jeno-ya?"

"hey, yeong-ah. we haven't seen each other since australia, huh?" he flashed his smile. nayeong smiled back, with a tiny blush appearing on her cheeks. "y-yeah."

"why aren't you at school since like, last week?" the girl asked.

jeno sighed, "my flight back was delayed and we were pretty pissed about it. when we got back which was like a day late for some reasons, we were pretty tired. even my parents took a week off because they were so tired."

"poor you. i hope you guys are okay now." nayeong could see some dark circles under the boy's eyes, which made her feel bad for some reasons.

nayeong was about to say goodbye to the boy when he started coughing. but he didn't stop for a while, which made the girl concerned. "are you okay?"

"well, just, my throat has been pretty itchy. but i'll be fine." he assured her. but that didn't convince the smart girl.

"oh shut it. you're sick. do you have any fever or anything besides that?" the girl worriedly asked as they went out of the minimarket with nayeong's pororo drink and jeno's milk.

[ pororo drinks SLAPS ]

"i- uh, kinda? my forehead has been kinda warm since this morning, that's why i didn't go to school.."

once those words slipped out of his mouth, nayeong grabbed his hand and started calling someone.

"hello? jisung-ah?"

"i'm gonna be home late today, so feel free to eat some dinner anytime, you don't have to wait for me."

"i'm.. gonna take care of someone. he's pretty sick and i'm just.. yeah. i'm worried."

"um, it's jeno."

"no, i-it's not like that!"

"ugh, i just called you to inform you something, i don't want to argue with you right now."

"yeah, of course you gotta be sorry. yeah, mhm, i'll see you.. whenever i get home. hm, yeah. bye."

[ guess jisung's lines in this phone call ]

jeno was flustered. this girl really wanted to take care of him?

"h-hey, you don't have-"

"listen. you're sick and i'm worried about you. so just-" she stopped when she realized how close their faces were.

she stepped back and her cheeks went red. "j-just let me."

jeno smiled softly, seeing his crush worry about him and being shy about it. his heart was about to explode.

he looked down to their holding hands. nayeong noticed him and let go of his hand. "s-sorry."

jeno wasted no time and took her soft hands back into his sweatshirt's pocket.

"thanks a lot for this. come on then. i'll lead the way."

-

uwu

- nin !!

-