18 ; picnic

yellow c-a-r-d, o-oh!

nayeong's phone rang. it woke her up from her sleep and she groaned. who would call her at this hour?

"hello? nayeong speaking." she picked up without looking at the caller's id. "yeong-ah? it's jeno."

nayeong fixed her posture and rubbed her eyes. "o-oh hey jeno. why're you calling at.. 3am..?" she asked, a bit flustered.

"d-did i wake you up? sorry! i just wanted to ask if you and jisung wanna join me and my friend on a little picnic together today? i forgot to ask you last night! i'm so sorry.." he asked through the phone.

"it's.. okay. also, sure, we'll come. what time?" nayeong laid back down onto her bed.

"how about let's meet at 9am? just a brunch."

"hm, okay."

-

"jisung-ah, let's go!" nayeong shouted from downstairs. then, a frantic looking boy ran down from the wooden stairs. "sorry!"

"can you please carry the basket? i'm carrying our drinks." nayeong showed her brother a bag that was filled with milk boxes.

"why do we have to bring stuff? aren't they the ones who invited us?" jisung whined a bit. nayeong nudged the younger with her elbow.

"we'll be sharing anyways. at least bring cupcakes and cookies. and also milk. a perfect combo!" nayeong looked at the clock on the gray wall and she smiled. "let's get going, sung-ah."

-

"yeong-ah! jisung-ah! over here!" a voice called the lost looking duo. jisung averted his attention to the source of the voice and he showed a little cute smile.

he tapped his sister's shoulder and pointed to the direction. both of them saw the people they have been looking for. nayeong smiled and walked towards them.

"hey jeno! and.." she looked over to the cute looking girl beside jeno, who waved at her as she stood up. "hello! my name is jieun. jeno's friend. it's nice to meet you!"

nayeong smiled back at the smiley girl in front of her. "it's nice to meet you too, jieun."

she did the same with jisung, and jisung seemed a bit shy. but it is his natural behavior around new people. so it wasn't surprising.

"so, what do you guys have there?" jieun looked over to their belongings.

"well, some snacks for all of us." nayeong smiled.

"well, let's just dig in and get to know each other."

-

im alive

-nin !!

-