God's Word

Hey, guys! How was your week? Any highlights or "lowlights" you want to share?

~•°•°•°•~

Today's Topic: The Bible

But he answered, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.'" -Matthew 4:4 ESV

~•°•°•°•~

Many Christians often find it hard to brush the dust off their Bibles. I know I do. Life gets busy and hectic, and one of the last things on our minds is some ancient book.

Sometimes we tend to forget why God gave us the Bible in the first place. We know that as Christians we're supposed to read it, but we're not sure why.

But the truth is, the Bible is a super important and relevant book to every believer! Here's 4 reasons why you should start/keep reading your Bible:

1. It connects us to God

When we read the Bible, we're reading about all the works God has done throughout history. We also get a glimpse of his character - who he is, his deep love for us, and his good plans for us. If you don't know the God you serve... are you really serving him at all?

2. It reveals who we are

The Bible describes in perfect detail who we are as human. We are made in God's image, crazy-loved by God, stuck in our sin but still redeemable.... It shows us our sin so that we can repent and come closer to God. You can understand yourself better when you read the Bible.

3. It gives us our marching orders

One cheesy but cool acronym for the Bible is basic instructions before leaving earth. And it's true: not only is the Bible full of rich Jewish and Christian history, it also shows us what God wants us to do with our new lives in Jesus Christ. It helps us tell the right path from the wrong one.

4. It helps us resist temptation

When Jesus was being tempted by Satan in the desert, he used Scripture to stay on track with what is true. Whenever Satan would suggest something ungodly, Jesus would respond, "No way man, the Scriptures say I shouldn't do that!" We can use the same methods as Jesus so that we're not deceived into committing a sin.

So, there you have it, 4 reasons why the Bible is important to read! What are you waiting for? Dive into God's Word!

Please let me know if you have any questions, comments, concerns, or feedback. Have a great week, everyone!

Lesson Verses

• "All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right." -2 Timothy 3:16 NLT

• "For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires." -Hebrews 4:12 NLT

• "Jesus replied, 'But even more blessed are all who hear the word of God and put it into practice.'" -Luke 11:28 NLT

~•°•°•°•~

Prayer Wall:

•No prayers for this chapter!

Please comment here if you want the next chapter to include your prayer request, no matter how big or small. :)