"John! We agreed on telling each other everything! But, I assume you must've had a reason you kept this from me... why? And how come you beat up numerous students with a mask on? That's so... c-cruel..." Seraphina responded, her voice shaky.

"I-I was only trying to help!" John muttered.

"Help? How?" Seraphina questioned, itching to get a sufficient reply.

"Promise you won't, uh, get mad at me?" John mumbled, speaking quickly.

Seraphina thought over his question.

If I say no, he probably won't tell me... if I say I won't get mad, he probably will tell me. But I can't guarantee anything, honestly. But...

"Alright, fine." Seraphina agreed as she nodded her head.

"I didn't want to see you hurt again! When I saw you in the infirmary that day, I didn't know how to react! All I could think of is how worthless I am to let something like that happen to you! And I couldn't let them off the hook just like that! If they could get away with it once, they'll keep on doing it! All those idiots decided they could treat you like crap! So, I-!" John babbled, ranting about the hierarchy.

"John," Sera interrupted, speaking in a soothing voice. "I get it. You just wanted to me to be safe. But now that I have my powers back, it won't happen again. Now that everyone knows about your powers as well, look on the bright side. We won't be bothered anymore! We can hang out together in peace for once," Seraphina proclaimed, her statement full of enthusiasm, unusual for Seraphina.

"Yeah, I guess so," John muttered, a miserable aura surrounding him.

"But-?" Seraphina questioned, knowing something was wrong.

"But, they'll have to put me somewhere in the hierarchy. I want nothing to do with this stupid hierarchy! I know... I know I'm not fit to lead. So why would I ever want to involve myself with it? I don't. But, Arlo just had to push me. He's the reason..." John growled. "He's the reason this happened. It's his fault."

"Hey..." Seraphina said as she grabbed John's arm. His fist was beginning to curl up into a tight ball, his fingernails digging into his skin. "It'll be alright! We'll deal with this together! Maybe, you can be the 'Joker!' You'll have a rank, but technically Arlo would still be mainly in charge, even though you're the strongest."

"Sera..." John began.

"That's not realistic, at all. But, like I said, we can deal with it together! It'll be alright!" Seraphina announced, a genuine smile on her face for the first time in a while.

"Yeah..." John said. "Welp, see you later I guess?"

"Yeah, sure. Meet by the school gate after school?" Seraphina asked.

John nodded in response, glad he had such a huge weight lifted off his shoulders.

-Around one period later-

Remi was walking down the hallway, a smile plastered on her face. One more period, and we get to go home! Finally!

Her smile was replaced by a grim facial expression as she noticed John walking down the hallway.

"Hey, John," Remi called out to him, anger radiating from her.

"Hmm?" John mumbled, snapping out of his thoughts. "Yeah...?"

"We need to talk," Remi announced.

John reluctantly agreed, sighing.

"So," John started. "What did you want to talk about?"

"Listen, what you did is not okay! You can't just go around, beating everybody up to that extent! It's wrong! You should treat everyone how you want to be treated! We should treat others how we want to be treated!"

"Remi-!" John interrupted, yet Remi kept rambling.

"You should treat everybody equally! Just like... just like what Rei wanted," Remi yelled out as her eyes became shiny, tears droplets forming, threatening to fall any moment.

Author's Note
Hope you all enjoyed the chapter!! Please rate and comment!
-Lemoinx