20

I played with my necklace as we walked through the market.
"As long as no one causes a ruckous I don't mind if you guys relax today." Yoon muttered. Everyone cheered and wandered around. I didn't particularly want to go anywhere so I simply browsed the booths until Shinah grabbed my hand and led me somewhere.
I was content to simply follow him. I trusted Shinah.
He paused and gently pushed me towards a booth.
"What's this?" I asked a lady. She smiled.
"This is a beauty booth!"
"Shinah?" My mind clouded over as I faced him.
"You mentioned... your hair...was..too long."
My mind cleared. He'd heard me? I had mumbled it to myself then we were walking yesterday.
"So sweet! So you want your hair cut sweetheart?"
"Umm. Yeah."
"We have a variety of styles. You wait here hon, we'll show off your girlfriend when we're done!"
"I'm not..."
I hesitated as I was pushed into the tent.
"How short do you want it sweetie?"
"Just a little bit shorter... I like it long. But we travel a lot..."
"Got it!" The girl proceed up a pair of scissors and started chopping away. I breathed shallowly as I heard my hair separating and landing lightly on the floor.
"You want anything special done sweetie?"
"My hair gets in my eyes a lot..."
I was spun in my seat as the girl set to work. When she was satisfied she rinsed and washed my hair before vigorously dryingit.
"Okay, how do you want it put up?"
"Um, I don't have a preference." I looked up at her and she gasped.
"Girls! Look at her eyes!" I stared at my hands as they started fangirling.
"Determined the pay, we won't charge much. This one will be our pleasure!"
I closed my eyes as thy set to work on everything. They put makeup on me, dressed me in nice clothes, made me wear perfumes and jewelry, and put my hair up in some fancy undo. The only thing I didn't let them touch was the necklace shinah had given me.
By the time they decided I was done I was exhausted.
"What do you think princess?" The main girl asked as she held up a mirror.

Hair

Makeup

Makeup

Outfit

Outfit

I gasped as I stared at my reflection. The women had given me bangs and put my hair up in a beautiful updo.
My makeup made both my eyes pop. The yukata I wore was absolutely stunning and contrasted nicely with my silver hair.
"How... how much did you say... this cost.?" I asked almost silently as my hand hovered by my face.
"You stunned us all with such beautiful eyes. 30¤ should do.
"What? But that's nowhere near as-"
"Its perfect. We just want to see your boyfriends expression when he sees you."
"I...thank you." I inhaled deeply to stave off the tears the welled up in my eyes.
"Its no biggie, honestly." The lead girl decided as she accepted the money.
They happily shoved me put of the tent.
Shinah looked up, a cute smile adorning his face. His smile dropped as his mouth opened in a small O.
"Do you like it?" I asked hopefully. I touched my yukata as I glanced down.
"I didn't know....people could do...that..."
"Do what?" I asked as I looked up at him.
"Make something beautiful... look even more...dazzling..."
I blushed a deep red as I heard squealing from inside the tent. Shinah suddenly grabbed my hand and pulled me away.
"Where are we going?" I asked as I struggled to keep up. Shinah didn't answer until he found a spot between two building and pulled me into it. He pulled me to his chest and slipped in.
"Sh, Shi, Shinah..." I stammered.
"....Guards were watching...." he told me after a minute.
"Did the others do, do or say something?" I asked, still fully aware of just how close we were.
"...no."
"Then, then what?" I was at a loss for why he would suddenly drag me away.
"............I didn't like....them................them looking...." shinah admitted. My face get hotter.
"O-oh."
Shinah seemed to suddenly realize what he did.
"Sorry...."
"No you're fine, I just wasn't prepared to suddenly be running."
Shinah glanced out at the street as two guys passed.
"But she looked so hot! People don't just have silver hair like that."
"She had a beautiful figure too. Wouldn't mind being with that."
I felt Shinahs grip tighten as we realized they were talking about me.
"Yeah, it sucks that-oh hey!" They had spotted me.
"Uhh."
"Hey hon, sorry, we didn't mean to scare you."
They noticed Shinah as he leaned slightly on front of me.
They took a step back with raised hands.
"Hey man, is she your girl? We didn't mean to step on your toes man."
I looked up at Shinah. He had his cloth mask on, but his expression was still terrifying.
"Don't talk....about her..like that." He growled.
"Look man, we're really sorry. Sorry miss. What we said was uncalled for. Bye." They ran off. Shinah watched them for a few seconds before his grip on me relaxed. I blushed as I watched him stare at the street.
He was standing with his back pressed against the wall and his hands on my lower back. His legs were spread slightly so I was between them and pressed to his chest. My hands were pressed flat against his chest. He stood a solid head taller than me, I realized. I hadn't noticed before because I was usually in my wolf form.
"Umm, Shinah?"
He looked down at me and his face relaxed.
"Hey, are you okay?"
Shinah suddenly wrapped his arms around me completely and slid to the ground. I ended up kneeling while he sat, but I was still pressed against his chest.
He nuzzled my neck and sighed, his hot breath tickled my neck and my face heated up.
"I didn't like them....they weren't....respecting you...I didn't like...them staring..."
I laughed lightly. "Its okay Shinah, nothing is going to happen. Its just because those women dolled me up."
"No. People look... but this time was...different..."
I giggled as he huffed frustratedly.
"Hey, let's go back to the inn okay? I'll wash all this makeup off and we can just hang out together."
"....this is comfortable......"
I blushed madly.
"W-well. Then we can stay like this." I shifted so I was sitting as well. I hugged Shinah back.
"You smell....like something....." Shinah sounded confused.
"Its probably the perfume they made me wear. It was some sort of flower I think."
"Its nice...."
I smiled softly. Shinah smelled amazing, but I wasn't about to say anything about it.
"Hey Shinah...can I see your eyes?"
After a minute shinah nodded. I slowly reached behind his head and undid the knot, giving him plenty of time to change his mind.
I slowly pulled the cloth away from his face and stared at his eyes.
They were filled with uncertainty and wonder. Lingering anger tinted the edges as they shone.
I exhaled softly, basking in the beauty of his eyes.
"Your eyes are so pretty." I whispered. Shinah caught my hand as it hovered near his eyes. I glanced at our hands as he intertwined our fingers.
"Luna." He breathed. My eyes widened. His voice was filled with certainty and determination.
"I won't let anyone hurt you. Ever." He promised.
I felt the raging emotions in my chest spill over and we leaned closer to eachother. I started to close my eyes but jumped back when I heard Jaeha yell my name. Shinah and I stood up abruptly.
"There you guys are! Hey, what are you guys doing in an alleyway?" Zeno asked curiously as we left the alley.
"Some guys were making me uncomfortable so we hid." I lied. Shinah tied the cloth back around his eyes before Jaeha could see.
"Damn Luna, someone dressed you up!" Hak exclaimed.
"Hak! Don't be rude!" Yona hit his arm.
I smiled softly and we all returned to the inn.