Yunho turns to Akira before quietly uttering, "Can we... talk for a bit?"

She looks at him and sees his serious look before nodding. They choose to sit outside, taking in the night air while sitting down on the stairs in front of the main doors. Yunho takes off his jacket and lays it on her lap to cover her legs. They look up, noticing that there aren't any stars tonight. Yunho taps his fingers on the stone surface as he mutters, "Is it true? Did you really fall for him?"

"I was doubtful, but now... I can't lie about it."

He nods, pressing his lips into a thin line. "I just... I don't want you to get hurt."

"Because of what? Because he's from Nyla?"

"No." He balls his fist. "Because our battle isn't over yet."

The reality of their situation shrouds over her, and of course, the happiness she had felt couldn't last long. The people of Nyla had accepted them like they're family, but they still have unfinished business with Lucida. Unfinished business with Emira. And that means they cannot rest until there is some kind of closure. And right now, the only closure they can see is through death. Whose death is unclear, but in order for this war to be over, someone has got to lose their life. It's Yunho and Akira versus Emira, and they know there is no other solution.

"Why can't we solve this... peacefully?"

"During all the time we were under her ruling, have we ever approached anything peacefully? There's a reason why we're such important assets to Lucida; it's because the solution for our kingdom is always through death, killing, violence. It is as if Emira finds peace in those methods."

He's right and she cannot do anything to deny it. She hears the flapping of wings and owls hooting.

"For once, is it selfish that I want to live like a normal person?"

Yunho chuckles before looking into the distance. He leans forward, elbows on his knees. "You must have really fallen for him so hard. This is the first time I've heard you say something like this, something so gushy, something so... unlike you."

"Ever since I came here the rest seemed to teach me that there is more to this world than just blood, fights and violence. Look at their kingdom, Yunho. Even their servants wear better clothes than the commoners in our kingdom. Their citizens live dedicating their lives to the king even without knowing who he is, yet the citizens of Lucida fear Emira because of her position."

"So what you're trying to say is that you would want to spend the rest of your life here, is that it?"

"What I'm trying to say is that I'd want to live like them, no matter where I am. I wish that Lucida can turn into something like them. I want Emira to realize that the colour of blood really is nothing. I want us to actually be proud of being the residents of Lucida."

"And how do we change the ways of a kingdom?" he asks rhetorically.

"By going for the monarchy," she answers anyway.

"In the end, we still choose to end this by spilling blood."

"If that is what she believes in, then we make her see it. Even if it means us two going against the whole troop of Lucida soldiers."

"And that also means we have a chance of not making it out alive. We're dead meat since you were the one who trained our men to become so strong," he says jokingly.

"Let's hope we're strong enough to go against our own men," she sighs deeply. "At least we try to fight for a better future for our kingdom."

"Even if that means sacrificing our friendship with Emira?"