6 Suspicions

Yeosang probes the dagger in his hand, taking in every little detail and as he reaches the tip of the weapon, he notices a small inscription. It seems to be a name, and as he makes out the letters, he comes up with 'Yunho'. He clicks his tongue before putting away the dagger on his bedside table. He noticed the dagger buried in Akira's boot as he was injecting the antidote on her shin, so he took it out as it could be dangerous when they're moving her around. She didn't even wrap the dagger with a sheath and let it touch her skin bare. It either means that she's used to it or she's fearless. Either way, their new guest seems to be much more than meets the eye, he concludes.

"Is that yours?"

He is too absorbed he hasn't heard anyone coming in. A young man with brown hair is standing at the doorway with a lopsided grin and a gash on his forehead.

"What on earth happened to you? And no, the dagger is not mine."

"There was a huge boulder in the middle of the road so I helped by trying to push it. Well, we did push it out of the way but I fell at the last minute. At least I didn't fall into the lake. Sure, you wouldn't have any use of a dagger anyway, Yeosang. And if you may, I need some ointment and a bandage. I would be grateful if you would do it for me, but I think you wouldn't want to."

"I think you can stop talking and take what you need. You know where they are, Wooyoung."

Wooyoung winks at him as he finds what he needs. "Are you going to go and eat?"

"I'm not hungry."

"But we're having steak and mashed potatoes."

"Maybe later."

"But-"

"Just go, Wooyoung."

"Fine. But one more thing. Where did you find the dagger?"

"It was the ambassador's. I was going to return it but I figured she's probably resting. She was bitten by a snake on the way over here."

"Really? Didn't she take a carriage?"

"She did but she was attacked. The horse and coachman died. So she proceeded to walk and Seonghwa found her in the middle of the forest."

"Ah, that guy must have been talking to a rabbit or something."

"It was a snake."

"Tsk, a snake? And I thought we could trust him to ask the snake to leave them alone."

"It was an accident- Look, why am I still talking to you? I'm tired, I need to rest. Go."

"Got it. Let me just take the dagger and I'll return it to her. Plus, I can't wait to meet her. Is she pretty?"

"Stop trying to flirt with every girl you see."

"I can't help it if they're the ones who fall for me first."

Yeosang glares at him and Wooyoung grabs the dagger before backing out of the room. He heaves a sigh of relief as soon as he closes the door. Wooyoung likes to talk a lot and it takes a whole lot of energy to entertain him. He gets up and locks his door, fearing that another episode with him will come up again. He returns to his bed, thinking about Akira. She's definitely up to something else.

---

Wooyoung goes over to the building that houses the guest rooms; the ambassador would definitely be served a room there. He decides to go over to meet her first before tending to his gash; meeting the lady ambassador is his priority anyway. It's the first time Lucida has sent a lady, and a young one at that. He passes by the garden, and stops to look at Seonghwa who's admiring the flowers. Seonghwa has a knack for nature; he speaks to both animals and plants. Under his care, no plants have ever died and animals become his friends. Wooyoung snorts when he sees Seonghwa and he looks up.