8. Dodging kicks and inappropriate thoughts

Start from the beginning

"She's not even awake, yet somehow she's already managed to push every single one of my wrong buttons and get on my last freaking nerve!" I gritted.

"Well, we're all waiting eagerly in the office for the full version, with bonus scenes and director's cut," he chuckled, ending the call. I shook my head. This bastard always finds joy in my misery. I felt something wet on my bare toes. Looking down, I found Bruno, my loyal dog, happily licking my feet. A mischievous idea popped into my head, and I scooped him up.

"Oh, I'm so going to enjoy this." I chuckled to myself. "Bruno, my friend, we're about to have some fun. You in?" Bruno responded with an enthusiastic wag of his tail. I headed back inside and placed Bruno on top of Camille. Yes, right above her snoring dead body on my bedroom floor. Bruno started barking furiously, and Camille's eyes flew open in shock. She jumped up with a horrified scream, shoving Bruno away, who landed safely on the rug a few meters away. Bruno let out a furious bark and started charging toward Camille, ready to attack. Camille, believing I would save her once again, ran behind me. However, this time, I stood there, thoroughly enjoying the hilarious scene unfolding before me. The expression on Camille's face was absolutely priceless. She looked like a fish out of water, with her hair all over the place. Bruno was just inches away from her when she jumped on my back, using me as a human shield. Fucking again! And, of course, her screams were back to their usual eardrum-shattering volume.

"For the love of God, have some mercy on my ears!" I yelled, unable to bear her high-pitched shrieks. They were pure torture. I whistled for Bruno, and he obediently retreated to the balcony. Turning to face the mirrored wall, I addressed the reflection of Camille sitting on my shoulders.

"Your screams could wake the dead," I remarked, looking at her reflection in the mirror. "At this rate, I might just go deaf."

"Well, if that's the case, I guess I'll just have to scream all day to get rid of you," she shot back, meeting my reflection's gaze.

"I'm not that easy to get rid of, detective."

"Why? Are you some kind of plague?" Narrowing my eyes, I forcefully removed her hand around my neck, causing her to stumble and fall to the floor. Muttering something, she managed to regain her footing.

"If you keep throwing yourself at me, I'll take it as a hint," I teased, fixing my collar, a mischievous glint in my eyes.

"What hint?" she furrowed her brow.

"That you want to seduce me," I said, stepping closer, my voice dropping to a low, teasing whisper.

"Of course, you can't resist the allure of my irresistible charm and sizzling presence." I closed the distance between us, our bodies almost touching. The air crackled with tension, and a playful smile danced on my lips.

"But sweetheart, all you have to do is ask." She seemed momentarily caught off guard, her eyes flickering with curiosity and defiance.

"Get over yourself, thy king," she retorted, her voice laced with a faux sense of respect as she pushed past me. The corners of my mouth curled into a knowing smirk. She was a challenge, and I enjoyed every moment of it. I watched as she walked away, her hips swaying with confidence.

"Your new clothes are in the room next to this one," I called after her, my tone still filled with amusement. "Get that drool off your shitface and change. You're not allowed to enter this room without me, nor are you supposed to be exploring this mansion. If I find you roaming around, I'll lock you in a real cell where hostages are supposed to be."

"Yes, Master," she replied, her voice dripping with taunting defiance. I couldn't help but chuckle at her audacity. She had a fire within her, and I relished the challenge she presented. Leaving my room, I was followed by a yawning Camille. The door behind us automatically locked. One of my men stepped forward, guiding Camille to her designated room, while I instructed two of my security guards to keep a close eye on her, ensuring she wouldn't escape the mansion's boundaries. She may have been a captive, but I knew she had the potential to wreak havoc if given the chance.