Chapter Eleven

Darth Aolroth rendezvoused with Darth Malgus on his flagship. It was twice the size of the Devastator and was considered the pride of the Empire. Now it would be the bane of the Empire with the defection of Darth Malgus. Darth Aolroth walked to the bridge to see Darth Malgus sitting in his throne.

Darth Malgus: Welcome to the Hand of Vengeance Aolroth. The seat of our new Empire.

Darth Aolroth: Your schism seems to be working as you planned.

Darth Malgus: Our allies have already gained strongholds in Balmorra, Hoth and several other systems throughout the Galaxy.

Hearing that made the Sith wonder at how long Malgus had planned his schism. This wasn't just sudden treason that Malgus that planned. It was a long thought out plan with years of planning.

Darth Aolroth: You've been planning this.

Darth Malgus: When I witnessed the Empire's weakness at Courscant, I knew then and their that the Empire was destined to fail. Your master saw this weakness long before. I waited to garner support from other Sith who share my vision. Jahl was among the first to join my cause.

Hearing that Jahl was involved in Malgus's plan for that long of time seem to have flown by him. Up until the point of his betrayal, Jahl served the Empire loyally.

Darth Aolroth: Why did Jahl attempt to betray the Empire then? Was that part of your plan?

Darth Malgus: No.It was that Holocron that moved him to rush the plan. It was a shame it ended the way it did. But luckily my plan wasn't discovered.

Hearing that the Holocron was partially responsible for Jahl's early and abrupt betrayal seemed to make more sense now. But Aolroth also knew that his reasons for joining Malgus's schism was because of the same holocron. As the Sith speak, an Ensign came to the two Sith.

Ensign: Emperor Malgus! We're being contacted by Darth Thanaton!

Darth Malgus: Patch him through.

The Ensign activated the holoterminal and the form of Darth Thanaton appeared.

Darth Malgus: Thanaton.

Darth Thanaton: What is the meaning of this treason Malgus?

Darth Malgus: The Empire is a dying beast. Coruscant is proof of that.

Darth Thanaton: You and all your cohorts have committed high treason against the Empire. And for that, Empress Acina has called for your deaths. I shall personally see to that.

Thanaton said as he ended the transmission. Suddenly, a small Imperial Fleet lead by a large Imperial Dreadnought came out of Hyperspace.

Darth Malgus: What shall we do Malgus?

Darth Malgus: Take your apprentice and Shadow Squadron on board that dreadnought. Find Thanaton and kill him. The Republic won't be far behind.

Darth Aolroth: It will be done, Emperor Malgus.

Darth Aolroth says as Darth Aolroth left the bridge to the hanger. As he flew his ship towards the Imperial Dreadnought, Darth Aolroth contacted Commander Quinn via comlink.

Darth Aolroth: Commander Quinn. Tell Darth Xhax and Shadow Squadron to meet me in that Imperial Dreadnought. Send them an escort to make sure they make it.

Quinn(Comlink)At once my lord!

After laying out his orders, Darth Aolroth flew for the dreadnought. Darth Aolroth flew right into a whole squadron of Sith Fighters and managed to breach he dreadnought. As the ship seemingly crashed, Imperial troopers begin to surround the wreckage. Suddenly, Darth Aolroth jumped out of the ship and began to cut through the Imperial soldiers with his lightsaber. When he finished of the last Imperial soldier, he saw a ship entering the hanger and landed. Darth Xhax exited the ship with Sgt Pierce and Shadow Squadron.

Darth Xhax: Master.

Pierce: Looks like we missed the fun!

Sgt Pierce said regarding all the dead Imperial soldiers.

Darth Aolroth: Don't worry Sgt, there's more where that came from.

Pierce: What orders do you have, sir?

Darth Aolroth: Sgt. Take your men into starboard reactor and place explosives. On my order, you will retreat back to the ship and detonate them.

Darth Aolroth commanded as he and his apprentice ran for the bridge to confront Thanaton. Sgt Pierce turns to his men.

Pierce: MEN! Half of you will remain at the ship. Protect it with your lives! The rest of you are on me! LET'S GO!

Sgt Pierce lays out his orders to Shadow Squadron as those who were place with him run through the ship. After blasting their way through battalions of Imperial Soldiers, they finally reach the room where the starboard reactor is in.

Pierce: Lieutenant Temple! Cover me while I place the explosives!

Temple: YES SIR!

Lieutenant Temple obeys Pierce as she orders the rest of Shadow Squadron to cover him. When he places the final explosive, he hears the sounds of a lightsaber deflecting blaster fire. He turns around to see a Cyborg Sith cutting through his men. He uses the Force and begins to choke Temple. Pierce pulls out his blaster pistol and shoots at the Sith, forcing him to let go of Temple. The Sith then throws his lightsaber and chops of Pierce's left arm. Collapsing in pain, Pierce sees the red lightsaber aimed at his face.

Cyborg Sith: Your little mission ends here traitor!

Summoning what strength he had left, Pierce lunges at the Cyborg and begins to assault him. The Sith then grabs Pierce by the throat and begins to choke him.

Cyborg Sith: Any final words?

Pierce: This is for the men of Shadow Squadron you murdered!

Sgt Pierce yells as he pulls out a grenade and detonates it. The blast of the grenade threw the Sith and the Sgt away from one another. As phases in and out of consciousness, he sees the Cyborg getting up and slowly moving towards him. He looks to Lieutenant Temple as she slides her blaster pistol to him. He grabs it and unloads it onto the Sith, killing him.

Temple: SGT!

Temple gets up and runs to him. She looks to see that he had lost his left arm and the right side of his face covered in third degree burns and his right eye blinded.

Temple: Let's get you back to the ship Sgt!

She lifted the Sgt up and carried him to the ship. Halfway there, the heavily wounded Pierce soon got a call from Darth Aolroth.

Darth Aolroth(Communicator): Sgt! Fall back to the ship! Detonate the bombs!

Pierce:Y.....y.....yes sir!

Sgt Pierce then detonates the bombs.