Chapter Five/Grooms Galore

Aditya's mind reeled. He didn't think it was just a mere coincidence that the name which had been haunting him day and night for the past two years, was also the name of his father's personal nurse. He had to find out more about her and who she was exactly.

He narrowed his eyes as he made his way across to her. He seized her upper arm and pulled her up towards him. She blinked hard and gulped, looking at him but not registering who was standing in front of her.

"Who are you? Tell me right now!" he roared. Yash got up from his seat and started to make his way to the pair when Aditya held up his hand, motioning him to a standstill.

"No one moves until we get some answers from her" rage filled Aditya's eyes, and he gripped her tighter.

She finally awakened from her stupor, looking around to take in what kind of situation she was in. She attempted to free herself from Aditya's grasp but it was futile, he was in no mood to let her go.

"Adi, let her go please. I'm not done yet" Harshvardan groaned as he coughed to a sputter.

"What do you mean dad...there's still more?" Arjun replied, unable to comprehend what more his father would have to add.

"Yes...while I have my reasons for this decision. I have also decided to add one more clause to the will", He paused as he looked at Zoya, "Whomever Zoya chooses to marry.... he will inherit all her shares and Hooda enterprises"

An inaudible gasp escaped Zoya's mouth, and Aditya's grip loosened as he realized what his father was saying. Zoya took this opportunity to release herself and ran to kneel in front of Harshvardan.

"Uncle, what..what are you saying? Why...What...I don't want any of this" she exclaimed, gesturing at the grand house. She didn't understand what had gotten into him, "And marriage? No offense, but I do not want to marry any of them" she looked behind her, "I don't want to get married at all"

Both Yash and Arjun looked at each other, while Aditya stood frozen. What kind of game was his father playing...and why?

Yash made his way to Harshvardan uncle, he smiled at Zoya while she tried to smile back. "Dad, I understand you've been under a lot of stress but can we please talk about this before you do anything?" replied Yash.

"It's already been done and I'm not going back on my word. Nothing goes into effect until I pass, so rest assured, I will make sure Zoya is prepared." He looked at Zoya, not realizing how much this would shock her. He touched her hand slightly, her dazed eyes meeting his.

"Dad please, we need to discuss this. I mean h-how....we don't even know her!" Arjun whined. Harshvardan held up his hand to silence the conversation. There was nothing to discuss now. Once Harshvardan made up his mind, that was it. He had always been like that.

"I don't want to discuss anything right now. We can all talk tomorrow" replied Harshvardan, "Zoya, would you please take me to my room?"

Zoya stood, not sure of whether to run or obey Uncle's wish. She decided she needed to have a word with him, and figure out what was going on. She took hold of his wheelchair and turned to bring him to his room, feeling all eyes on her as she rolled him away.

---------

They all watched as Zoya rolled Harshvardan away. Arjun spoke first, breaking the silence, "Yash Bhai, did you know anything about this?"

"Not at all Arjun, Dad never said a word to me" he responded, as he continued to watch Zoya. Where had he seen her before? Their encounter had left him feeling familiar that he's seen her somewhere, but he wasn't able to place her.

"Dad's gone mad, completely mad" growled Aditya, his fists still clenching. He rubbed his beard and sat back down.

"What are we going to do?" Arjun said, looking back and forth between his brothers.