"Was it really that long ago?"

   Suddenly, the cell door opened. Standing in the doorway was a Chiss clad in a white Imperial officer uniform with gold epaulets in the shoulders. His red eyes shot daggers into Ezra's soul.

Thrawn.

   "Welcome, Mr. Bridger. I trust you find the accommodations suitable."

   "About as suitable as the inside of a Sarlacc", the Padawan snarked.

Thrawn merely chuckled. "Unfortunately for you, the digestion in here happens rather swiftly. The look on your face tells me that you're having trouble removing your binders. First of all, that's the point. Secondly, those were specifically engineered for the purpose of containing Jedi and other Force users, such as rogue Inquisitors. The Emperor made them inescapable."

   Ezra fruitlessly tried to remove his cuffs one last time before leaning back against the cell wall. "So what're you gonna do? Torture me? Try and get me to spill where my friends are? I've got news for ya, pal. Ain't happening."

   "You misunderstand, young man. I'm not interested in your friends at the moment. I plan on using you for more... interesting purposes. If you'll just follow me."

    The Padawan didn't have much choice. Thrawn walked out of the cell, and two stormtroopers dragged Ezra behind him. They walked through the halls of the Destroyer until they reached a large doorway. Thrawn activated the intercom beside the door and spoke. "Doctor, your new subject has arrived.

   A screechy, bat-like voice responded. "Gooooood. Bring him in."

   The door opened and Ezra could see a laboratory of sorts, a short man scurrying around a nearby table mixing various brightly-colored fluids together.

   "I thought you said you weren't torturing me", he quipped as the troopers forced him inside.

    "I'm not. You're merely going to be a test specimen for the Doctor's project."

  The aforementioned Doctor (who doesn't have a name and never will) grabbed a step stool and watched as Ezra was bound to the table. He peered down and used a pair of tweezers to pull on the Padawan's face. "Hmm. Very tough flesh."

He then pulled out an electro-prod and gave Ezra a little zap, causing the young man's muscles to contract due to his bindings.

"Ow!"

"Perfect reflexes. And... a fine set of teeth. Perfect specimen."

    The Doctor grabbed a syringe and filled it with a glowing purple liquid, waving Thrawn away.

   "Go, Admiral. I must perform the procedure in solitude. Shoo! Shoo!"

  Thrawn nodded and left the lab, his trooper escorts closing the door just as Ezra screamed.

   Sabine spent the next several days spying on the Yavin Command Center, listening in for any news on Ezra's whereabouts. She had almost given up hope when...

   "General Syndulla, I think you'll want to see this", a technician called out from his terminal.

Hera walked over and leaned in. "What is it?"

   "Intercepted an encoded Imperial transmission. It says 'Bridger subject transferred to facility on Xandin.'."

   Before Hera could think, the doors flew open and Sabine burst in. "We have to go after him!" Needless to say, Hera was not pleased by the Mandalorian's lack of military formality. "Sabine!"

   "Ezra's alive and we need to go after him!"

  "Not without a plan, first. Sabine, for all we know, this could be a trap. Stop for a moment and be rational."