Chapter 30

Dalia's PoV

I stand in front of the mirror, in my dress, maids in front and behind me finishing my hair and makeup ready for my wedding. Oh goodness I'm getting married. Taking a deep breath I look at myself in the mirror and nod, telling myself that I am going to be fine. Like I've always been. I'm marrying the love of my life, Miles who is the sweetest, most kind, most amazing man I've ever met. Dad is walking me down the aisle and my brothers and Soraya will be there. The only person we're missing is mum. But she's here, I know it, she'll always be with us.

Rhys's PoV

Today is the day. The day I give Dalia away to Miles. But I know she's going to be in good hands, who love her just as much as I do. I've prepared my speech and I'm ready for this. Paulina would be happy and so I'll be happy for the both of us. I straighten my blue/grey suit and smooth my hair over again, looking at myself in the mirror. I see Paulina smiling over my shoulder and then straightening my crown on my head as she always did. I smile for the first time in a long time properly, happy that she'll be by my side the entire time.

Soraya's PoV

I stand in my dress, speech prepared, hair and makeup done, looking at myself in the mirror. I wonder how Dalia is feeling and how dad is holding up. I stare at myself in the mirror looking into my own electric blue eyes. They stare back at me, shining and happy for Dalia. I think about how mum would want me to be happy and smile and then I realise that I am happy and smiling. And I know that mum is here with me, every step of the way.

Lillia's PoV

I stand behind Dalia in my bridesmaid dress with three other girls, Princess Alliea Of Quoram and Lady Juliet of Sasver, and then Ray as maid of honour. We're all dressed in our bridesmaids dresses and shoes, bouquets in hand. Dalia paces nervously but smiling, as we stand in front of the doors leading to the aisle, waiting for her father. From down the corridor  we hear footsteps and then from around the corner King Rhys appears and smiles at the sight of Dalia.
He takes her arm and turns to her saying "Ready?"
"Ready." She replies, both of them smiling.

Miles' PoV

I stand at the end of the aisle watching the doors and anxiously waiting for them to open. Just behind me stands Dad who is performing the ceremony. In front of me sits over two thousand guests, half of them people a lot older than me who are invited because it's a royal wedding but most of them I've met at least once. Which is good seen as it's mine and Dalia's wedding.
The doors open and the music starts playing as Soraya appears and walks down the aisle, Dalia following in all her beauty with her father by her side. Following Dalia is the three bridesmaids, all in matching dresses but all I can focus on is Dalia and how beautiful she looks and how I cannot wait to be married to her. She reaches the end of the aisle and Rhys hands Dalia to me, kissing her on the forehead as he does. I take us up to the altar before Dad starts the ceremony.
"Do you Prince Miles Of Corallone take Princess Dalia Of Bamberall to be your lawfully wedded wife?"
I take a breath remembering that this is the part where we say our own vows,
"I do take you Dalia to be my lawfully wedded wife because ever since I first met you I have been fascinated by you and your wonderful ways. I adore how you adore things and I love how your brain works, how you get excited over little things and how whatever you do you put your heart and and soul into it. I adore how much you love and care for your family. I love how you appear sweet and cute but really you're fierce and strong. I promise to protect and stand by you and I promise that no matter what I will always have your back and love you.  Dalia I love you so much and I'm so happy I get to spend the rest of my life with you by my side."
"And do you Princess Dalia Of Bamberall take Prince Miles of Corallone to be your lawfully wedded husband?"
"I do take you Prince Miles Of Corallone to be my lawfully wedded husband because you pretend to be tough when really you're a big softy who loves with all of his heart one hundred percent of the time, you have a wonderful sense of humour that never fails to make me laugh and smile. You can cheer me up when I'm in the worst of moods. You aren't afraid to disagree with me or correct me when I'm wrong which I love. You respect me and accept me, flaws and all. I love your weird brain that comes up with the weirdest ideas I've ever heard but is always open minded to criticism. I love how much you protect me and care for me and I am honoured to spend the rest of my life with you and I cannot wait for it."
"With the power vested in me as King Leon Of Corallone I now pronounce you husband and wife. Miles you may kiss your bride."
Smiling I meet Dalia's lips with mine in a sweet kiss.
The crowds erupt into cheers as we walk down the aisle and to the grand hall for the banquet and reception.
We sit at the front table with Soraya, Owen, Xavier, Rhys, Lillia, Lola and Leon sat with us.