Chapter 29

Soraya's PoV

I told the bird I'd deliver my return letter in person because we're going to Corallone to plan the wedding anyways and because it will be a nice surprise for Lillia.
As we arrive in Corallone I see Lola waiting for us on the steps. We get out of the car, the butler taking our luggage up to our rooms. Lola smiles at us all, "Welcome back. I hope you're all doing ok and are excited to plan a wedding. Soraya, Lillia is in her room, I'm sure you know where that is."
Nodding I head inside and straight to Lillia's room. Opening the door I walk in to see a tall, dark haired man with only a towel wrapped around his waist walking out of the bathroom.
"Who are you?" I say shocked.
"Lillia!" He shouts quickly and from her room Lillia emerges, her midnight hair ruffled as though she's just got out of bed.
"Soraya?" She says surprised but then she looks to shade and then to me then says "Shade. Meet Soraya. Soraya meet Shade."
"Who is he?" I ask her.
"It's complicated." She replies.
"Of course it is." I say disappointed.
Turning on my heel I walk out of the door and storm towards the gardens.
"Soraya!" I hear from behind me but I ignore it.
Then Lillia grabs my arm and spins me around saying quickly "I'm not sleeping with him."
"Oh really then why is he using your bathroom and walking around half naked."
Lillia sighs "Because he's using my spare room and because he's my Altro. I'll explain that later but for now come back to my room so I can explain. Please."
Complying only because she sounds genuinely upset and sorry, we go back to her rooms to find Shade fully dressed in black skinny jeans and a faded blue top, his hair still messy from the shower.
"Lillia, I'm going for breakfast." Shade says.
"Ok Shade, I'll tell you if I need you."
Shade nods before leaving the room and closing the door behind him. Lillia gestures to the sofa and we sit, her curling her legs underneath her which I've noticed she does when she's nervous or comfortable. As soon as I sit down she starts talking, telling me about Anokan people, her heritage, her powers, Shade and how they're bonded, about how she's very likely the last Anoka left.  By the end of her speech I understand and take a breath before saying "Thank you for sharing that with me."
"It was time people knew." she says in reply.
"I have a secret too. That I would like to share." I tell her as quickly as possible so I can't chicken out of it.
She nods encouragingly, letting me know that it's ok to tell her, that she won't tell anyone else unless I say it's ok.
"I can control energy. Like electricity and anything with electrons. Which is every element ever made. I don't use them because last time I did I severely hurt someone. That's why my hair is white, not like my parents hair colours."
Her face remains neutral as she says "Okay. Does anyone else in your family have powers?"
I shake my head, "Well, where did you get them then?" she asks sounding genuinely curious.
"We think it was because I was born in a storm, and every year on my birthday without fail, there's a storm. It never rains, but there's always a storm. It doesn't matter where I am in the world, there is always a storm." I say with a shrug.
"Cool." Lillia whispers, scooting over to me and leaning into my side.
"I missed you." She whispers again.
"I missed you too." I reply.
She reaches up and kisses me gently on the lips, just as the door opens to reveal Shade with a tray full of food. "Bad timing?" He says innocently.
"Bad timing Shade, but I am hungry so bring the food over here." Lillia announces, "Also please show Soraya the version of you she knows."
Shade glows before becoming the black feathered hawk and squawking once before changing back into human form.
"You delivered all the letters?" I say startled. Shade simply nods before handing us the food and saying "Miss Soraya, it's nice to finally meet you as a human."
"You too." I reply as me and Lillia dig into the food he brought us.
An hour later after we've caught up, a knock on the door sounds and Shade gets up to answer it. Dalia runs in without hesitation, hugging us both before starting on a monologue in a fast pace that's hard to follow.
"So, Soraya, you're being my maid of honour, Lillia, you're being my bridesmaid. Aya I need you to help me set up the wedding reception room, Lillia you need to help too. Oh My Goodness I'm getting married. This is so exciting. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with Miles. You both need to come see my wedding dress and try your dresses on for that matter. Come on let's go! Now! " Then she grabs both of our arms and drags us out of the room towards hers.