My eyes were constantly shaking and so did my knees. My house is kind of uphill so walking would require much strength on the legs. I don't think I might even make it.

When the clacking of their shoes got nearer, I speed up.

"Yah." Said one of them with a frigid and deep voice. It made me stop. I completely froze again. I breathed too fast and too hard to the point that they can hear me panting. My neck started to well with sweat. My fingers started to quiver.

They were right behind me. I could feel their presence.

I felt a light touch on my back.

Impulsively, I curtly whipped around and grab hold onto the man's wrist, twisting it with force. It was the same guy whom I bumped into the alleyway near the orphanage. He swung his other hand towards me but I was able to dodge. The man flinched and I quickly kicked his groin with my knees. When he was down on the ground, I gripped on his elbow, placing it behind him and was about to step on his face. Apparently, he had company who were just standing tall behind him. Two of them rushed to me and held me back with great strength. I struggled to free myself but I was feeling exhausted. I felt my shoulders pop at how strong they grasped on my arms.

The guy slowly stood up with his hands on his crotch area. He didn't show me his face and just kept on looking down on the floor. He slightly tilted his neck and hissed in pain. His other minions sprinted towards him and helped him stand still. He refused to be assisted. He shrugged the two men and suddenly laughed.

His laugh was hysterically evil.

He craned his head to me and shot me daggers with his burning eyes. As expected, he was wearing a fedora. He had a mask over his mouth. He looked prretty much similar the last time I saw him. But this time he was wearing a long coat. Underneath was a black turtle neck shirt and denim pants. I also noticed he was wearing a pair of leather shoes.

I spat on to the floor and snickered. I didn't want to show him that I was submissive. That I was easy and that he's picking on the wrong girl. I narrowed my brows as I gritted my teeth together.

"If it's money you want, then might as well rob a homeless person. I have no money or whatsoever—"

He scoffed which made me stop from talking.

"We don't want anything from you." One of his gang said from behind. "Is that how you say hi to an old friend?" The other added.

Old. . . Friend?

My face contorted in perplexity. Both of the men who held me back loosens up and eventually released me. I collapsed hard on the floor and scratched my knees, tearing the hemline of my skirt.

The man bent down and crouched to my level, having our eyes meet.

I was surprised how his eyes transformed from looking like an endless pit of doom to a fairy-like paradise. He softly glances at me as he helped me get up from the ground. I swiped the dirt off my skirt and scowled in pain when I hit my wound. We still had our eyes glued together.

"Who are you?" I queried in curiosity. He took a step close to me and scrutinized me from head to toe. "W-what are you doing?" I stuttered.

He walked in circles afterwards. It was as if he was examining me. Confused, I was motionless. I was completely clueless of the situation. Nonetheless, I'm not going to take down my guards. I fished out the swiss knife from by bag but before I could even point it to him, he grabbed my wrist and nimbly grabbed the knife out of my hand.

"That's unnecessary." He said, almost in a whisper.

"P-please let me go . . ." I cried.

"Don't worry. We won't do anything to you." One of them responded. "Hey boss, we should leave now." He added, tapping their boss's shoulder.