Ending the recording, I stood up as he followed along. "This is it for now. If you have anything important to say, you can contact me," I said to him as he nodded. We shook hands and both of us left. Well, me much later. I wanted more cake.

☆☆☆

After I left the cafe, I went straight away to the law firm. I checked in Attorney Kim's office but he wasn't present there. I looked around to see whose help I could ask. Even Eliyah was not here today. She must have accompanied Mr Cortez in the trial.

Just then I saw Mr Lawson enter the building. The Managing Partner of the firm. The right person. I approached him with a bright smile. "Good morning, Mr Lawson."

"Good morning, Haelyn. How are you today?" He asked warmly.

"Very fine, except for one small trouble that you could be able to help me with, if I may ask that is," I asked, chuckling nervously.

He laughed and motioned me to follow him to his office. I released a breath of relief and followed.

"Tell me, what do you need?" Mr Lawson asked after settling in his chair.

"Just one phone call, sir. I've had trouble getting an appointment with Dr Martinez from the Wellsworth Hospital. I wanted to talk to him before going to the hospital's legal department. Since you are well known around here, I hoped you could arrange for me to get some minutes with him," I pleaded.

I knew that doctor wouldn't concede to me alone. If someone with more power and connections did so, then he wouldn't have much choice, I thought smugly.

"So only one call?" Mr Lawson confirmed. I nodded eagerly with my hands clasped together in a pleading manner.

"Give me a minute," he said. I waited as he called some people and spoke a bit. After a few minutes, he ended the call. "Well, that Dr Martinez seems like a tough person to convince. He agreed to spare you five minutes only in an hour. Is that okay with you?"

I mentally rolled my eyes. Dr Martinez really thought his time is golden. I'll show him. He won't get rid of me easily.

Putting on a smile, I replied, "Works for me, Sir. Thank you very much. Have a nice day."

I arrived fifteen minutes early at the hospital. I got my papers and questions ready. I cracked my knuckles, sat down and waited.

If someone saw my face, they'd think I was getting ready for a fire rap battle. Five minutes. That's all I had. And that's all I needed to defeat him. I grinned evilly.

A man with a cast around his arm sat across me, probably a patient. He was giving me a weird stare. I guess it was because I was grinning to myself. What can I say, though? As someone who's in the legal field, I was so used to engaging in mental arguments which was reflected onto my real expressions.

Finally, I saw Dr Martinez pass by, thoroughly ignoring me as he entered his office. Anyway, I had to make my presence known. I walked up to his door and knocked. I heard him say come in.

I opened the door and before he could say anything, I grinned widely and said, "Hello again, Sir. I tried to make an appointment and I got one. Will I have my five minutes?"

He stared at me for some seconds and finally said, "Only five minutes. Let's get this over with. What are your questions?"

Well, look at his guts. He did not even ask me to take a seat. You onion-eyed barnacle!

"I want to know some things about Argan Gregore. You operated on him. Was he alright after? When was the last time anybody saw him? Do you believe he escaped? Isn't there security in each corner here? Wasn't his room guarded as well since he was a prisoner?" I looked at him expectantly. I hoped he would not stall with his answers because I had only five minutes.