A Fateful Meeting (John Wick x Reader)

You led a fairly average life, working as a part-time barista in a bustling New York cafe to help pay the med school bills. Today was one of the rare days you got to get off of work early. You began your walk home and started thinking of all the things you wanted to do today. Your thoughts were interrupted by a soft whine at your feet, you stopped and glanced down. Your heart melted, a sweet grey pit bull nuzzled at your feet, you kneeled down and held your hand out to him before softly stroking him. "What are you doing out here little guy?" You said softly, the dog almost seemed to comprehend your question as he trotted back from where you came, pausing to see if you followed.

You sighed, realizing none of the items on your mental to-do list would be checked this evening as you followed this dog. I mean, you couldn't just leave that lil cutie all alone! Nothing could've prepared you for what would come next, you gasped as you turned the corner into a dark, damp alleyway and saw a beaten and bloody man sprawled on the concrete. The pit bull whined again and gently licked at the man's face.

You sprang into action, kneeling down beside the man. He was unconscious, his long dark hair was damp and clung to his face that was littered with small cuts and bruises. Even on deaths door he had a beautiful face. You moved down his body, applying pressure to the still bleeding wounds on his abdomen and shoulder. He was still breathing, although it was becoming more ragged as time went on. You thought for a moment, your apartment only a few blocks from where you were now, and foot traffic was light at the moment. Whether it be through pure willpower, or adrenaline, or a combination of both, you had managed to half-carry half-drag the much larger man to your apartment. Holding his muscular arms over your shoulders, you tried to ignore the looks from pedestrians as you heaved the man into the elevator and slammed the buttons as soon as the pup was clear of the doors. The dog sat and smiled up at you, tongue poking out a bit. "You're one loyal pup, aren't you?" You whispered, sighing as the elevator doors opened and you managed to get the man into your home and onto your bed. The pit bull following John's form and laying at his feet.

You swiftly and carefully grabbed all of your supplies, a few first aid kits and some sutures for some clearly needed stitches. You began to strip him of his clothes, your eyes widened as you took off his suit jacket and bullet shells rained down onto your hardwood floor. You shrugged it off, more focused on making sure this handsome stranger didn't die in your bed. You set his various guns and knives on your bedside counter. You couldn't help but take a quick second to admire his physique as you striped him of his blood stained dress shirt and tie. He was incredibly strong, but his chest was littered with scars of different ages and bruises all over. You focused your attention on the gaping wound in his side, you gently cleaned around it with a wet cloth, and took a deep breath before applying a disinfectant, knowing it would be painful. You looked up at his face, it contorted in pain and his eyes flashed open for a moment, before closing them again.

His eyes were brown, they were so warm and chocolatey, you wondered how someone with eyes so kind got himself into this predicament as you began to prep your needle. You took a moment to steady yourself as you began to stitch him up as gently and precisely as you could. He didn't react to the needle piercing his skin so you assume he must've faded out again. After you finished stitching up and cleaning up his major wounds you let out a breath you didn't realize you were holding. You began to gently wipe some of the sweat and dirt from his face, your body leaning over his. After you were content with your treatment of him, you began rummaging through your closet to try to find some clothes that weren't covered in blood that would fit this tall man. You eventually found some sweatpants from an old ex and an oversized tee shirt. After that you started to run a bath, he was kind of filthy, and you could only do so much with a rag. Just as you got the temperature right you heard a shift on your bed and you whipped around.