Chapter 4: The new kid

Elliot's POV

"Y-yes actually, were new!" Darlene tells him. She's forcing a smile.
"Alright, where you need to go?" The guy asks us. I just stand there and listen.
"I-I need to go to room 205, but my brother here doesn't know" she says as she looks and points at me.
The guy nods.
"Okay, which class you in?"
Shit, he's asking me directly. I start sweating a little and look down.
"U-um... 10c.."
"Yeah, I know where that is" the guy says, still looking at me.
"Oh thank god!" Darlene exclaims.
The guy smiles and nods a little.
"I'm going to go then, okay?"
Darlene asks.
"S-sure" I answer.
She nods. "Okay good, see you around then!" She says, smiling at me and the guy who's name I still don't know.
Then she turns around and starts running off. Understandable, since we're late.
The guy waves his hand, indicating that I need to follow him.

We walk together. We've walked for a while now.
"The name's Leon, by the way" he says, after about 4 minutes of silence.
I just listen. "What's yo name, cuz?"
So much for 'just listening'.
"Uh.. E-Elliot."
He nods, looking in front of us.
"..A-and that girl was my sister, Darlene." Leon keeps nodding.
"Sh-she's one year younger than me."
"Alright" he says, still looking forward.
I look down.
We have to arrive soon, we've been walking for way too long to not be close.
"10c, wasn't it?" He asks, looking at me.
I look at him shortly, then back at the floor. I nod.
"Okay, we're here then."
I look up. We're standing in front of a door. I hear a voice speaking. I'm guessing it's my teacher.
"Alright, let's go" Leon says.
He opens the door. The room goes silent. All eyes go to me, as expected.
"Found him" Leon says.
I'm confused. Did they send him to come look for me? And why didn't he mention that we're in the same class?
"Oh, very good Leon! Now go sit down at your place" the teacher says in a cheery tone.
"Alright, Mr. Irving," Leon says, going to a place in the almost last row.
I look around. The eyes have set themselves on Leon.
"Okay, Elliot..." Mr. Irving says, looking around in the room. The eyes go back to me and the teacher.
"You can sit there" he says, pointing to the corner of the room.
I nod, and go there as quickly as possible. I drop my bag to the side of the table and sit down.
"So, Elliot.."
I'm pretty sure everybody knows my name already.
"Would you mind telling us a little bit about yourself?"
He can't be serious.
"Yes, I would."
Mr. Irving's eyes widen for a second, as he looks into another direction.
I hear him whisper "wow, okay.." under his breath.
He looks up, then he claps his hands.
"Alright class, the first subject we have today is art! Please get yourselves some newspapers to cover the desks and I will give further instructions when you're finished!"
If this doesn't spark joy in me, then I don't know what (that was sarcasm).