Unable to register his action anymore, a strange source of energy built up gradually within him as he saunter rapidly into the house and bolted for the laboratory. His mind and body seemed to be acting on their own, the door of the lab yanked open violently, his eyes registering the sudden startled jerk in his woman's body.

Caught her off guard, he had.

She swiveled in his direction, a pool of blue melting into his obsidian life sucking black eyes, studying him innocently in shock. Had he not been tired or injured, he would've closed the distance between them, push her down on that steely desk and take her with ferocity on her papers of blueprints itself. The evil thought of it caused his lips to momentarily twitched into an incomplete smirk before transiting back to his stony expression as he noted the glower on his mate's face.

Being the cocky bastard that he was, one who'd always been arrogant and always felt the need to be praise and acknowledge by others, he let his golden energy glow envelope him, hair evolving into a yellowy golden color and eyes turning teal. Another look of shock screwed her face as she blinked several time adjusting to the image of him...as if...he were a mere illusion. He narrowed his eyes at her.

Was the woman not happy to see him?! Disappointment threatened to consume him, although he couldn't quite understand why he felt the way he did or what he'd even been expecting.

Understanding that everything was real, that she wasn't dreaming, she stood up resolutely and sashayed her way to him, a move he found dangerously appealing, tantalizing even, especially after being gone for so long without the pleasure of making love to her. As she lifted her hand so as to slap him, his now teal eyes anticipated her move with ease and caught her wrist almost instantaneously, before she could even land the coup de grace. The glare in his eyes and frown on his brows hadn't ceased one bit, and in his new form, it increased his intimidating aura.

A burdening silence settled between them, the simple gesture of his touch against hers, scorching her and reviving the desires, feelings or craving she'd tried so had to tame in the past few weeks. Ravaging his body with hungry eyes, she took in the rips of his blue armor tainted with dry blood, the holes in his white gloves, and dear god; the amount of injuries marring his body.

In the next matter of seconds, she'd pulled him close into a tight hug, surprising herself and the saiyan all along. Although it might not mean a lot to him, but to her, he meant everything.

     "I've missed you Vegeta!" Her voice cracked as she struggled to voice every single piece of her sentence. It took him longer than his usual to absorb the meaning of her words into a coherent sentence and felt his heart stung at the intensity of agony expressed behind each wording. Had she really thought he was abandoning her? Or was she pained after seeing the state he was in? He made a mental note to not show up terribly injured in the future, at least, he'd try.

      "Bulma!" He panted hoarsely, hands securing around her waist as he held her tighter than she could ever hold him, almost squeezing the life essence out of her. "I needed training off earth for awhile! I needed to ascend and...and doing it in space was the only way to not destroy anything..."

He didn't know why, but he'd felt the need to explain himself to her. He needed to clear the doubts in her mind and hopefully absorbed her pain.

      "I understand Vegeta! I really do! I just..." she paused pulling back from the embrace but his firm hands around her body maintain her in spot, preventing her from distancing herself from him. He wouldn't allow it, his body wouldn't. "I just couldn't help myself from feeling hurt when you left without even considering telling me! What did you think? Did you honestly think I'd hold you back?"

     "I-I..." He paused trying to search for an appropriate explanation as he noticed the unshed tears in her eyes, tears she was trying hard enough to blink away. There were very few amount of time he'd saw her cry and dear lord, how he hated being the reason behind her tears.

"It's okay! Doesn't matter!" She wiped the corners of her eyes to rid of the tears, took his hand and led him to the chair she'd previously occupy. "Lets clean those wounds before I take you to see your son!"

He'd been willing to ask about the baby after noticing her deflated tummy but had abstained himself as the tension grew awkward between them. He was never good with emotional stuff. But for sure, now that she'd mention a son, she'd arose his interest.

"What's the child's name?" He found himself sneering sourly, though he couldn't quite understand why, himself.

"I had trouble looking for an appropriate name for him!" She confessed calmly, ramming through her desk drawers so as to remove some antiseptic, cottons and a few more stuff. Luckily, his wounds were not severe one, nothing she wouldn't manage on her own. "But we finally settled for Trunks!"

"Tch!" He scoffed in distaste, clearly disgusted with her choice of name. He barked, "How unsaiyanly! Is this the only name you could find for my son! Stupid woman!"

"Well mister, I'll have you know that I COULDN'T pick a saiyan name for OUR son since the only saiyan male who knows about SAIYAN culture fled to I don't know where in space, abandoning me and the baby! How do you expect me to give him a name befitting the saiyan race when I don't know a damn THING about your norms, traditions and stuff!" She lashed back at him venomously, shutting him and leaving him gaping in disbelief in the process. She was Bulma Brief after all.

"I...well...lets change the brats's name then!" He growled in annoyance.

"Arggh Vegeta! How could you be so disrespectful toward our son! Your arrogance disgust me! And no, I'm not changing his name!" She cleaned his injuries angrily, hoping to get a few hisses out of him but he was as blank as white paper and as hard as rock; unmoved by pain.

"Where is he?! You seem to surpass in intellect yet are truly lacking in motherhood!"

"You're one to talk! Say for the man who left for space even before his child was born!" She bite out angrily and he stood up abruptly, startling her. His eyes darkened as he leaned forth, a hand placed on the desk as support.

"I'd trusted you to take care of the kid while I was gone!" He declared huskily, absorbing as much of her innocent features as he could.

"And I did! Trust me! You had no idea how hard it was for me to be here, taking care of Trunks knowing that you haven't yet seen him! It destroyed me Vegeta, when I tried to contact you and couldn't reach your ship...but...but I don't hope for you to understand! You're after all an emotionless bastard!"

"That's right, woman! I am!" He added mockingly sarcastic and noted the tears forming in her eyes. She tried to push her way by him, to escape the suffocation she felt from the pain exploding in her bust.

She needed to leave! Now!

But he blocked her way, the golden glow enveloping his frame, disappeared as he leaned in close to her ear to whisper; "I told you whatever expectation you had from me, I couldn't fulfill!"

"I know! Now let me go!" Her voice cracked into hiccups as she continued to push against the unmovable block of his body.

Pointless.

"I hate you Vegeta! I really do!" She cried harder, glaring at him through her tears and he remembered why he'd respected her so much, if not love her. He respected her for her feistiness and boldness to stand up against him.

"Yes right! Continue lying to yourself!" He blurted out and didn't know what took over him, he crashed his lips against hers, in a ferocious, dominating and tantalizing kiss. Devouring her hungrily like a feral animal in starvation. His attempt was effortless as she remain adamant in not allowing him entry, so he bite down her lower lips and when she gasped, he seized the opportunity, smirking devilishly against her parted lips and snuck his tongue in. Her eyes widened in stupor, pupils dilating as she absorbed his beauty and without any more resistance, join him in the feverishly passionate kiss.

"Once we're done here, I expect you to bring me to my son! I still need to see the brat!"

And even before she could complain about the insulting figurative he'd used to describe their son, he was over her, ripping her clothes and kissing his way down to her breast. It was going to be a long night...