Mustang sat back, his chair creaking in the process. "In that case, why don't you get some help from a specialist?" He pulled out a file from his desk, tossing it to the brothers. "The Sewing Life Alchemist, Shou Tucker. He's a researcher dealing with chimaera transmutation. I'll introduce you to him."

"You'd go through all that trouble?" Alphonse asked just as Ed leapt up and pointed an accusatory finger at Mustang, immediately sensing something phishy.

"He's up to something!" Ed howled. "He's definitely up to something!"

"Don't be so suspicious of me," Mustang snapped. "After the Liore case, this makes us even. Being indebted to you would be repulsive."

Ed narrowed his eyes with plain skepticism. "Hmph. Fine. Introduce us."

"Let's leave now, then," Mustang muttered, his right eye twitching with annoyance.

ò)*:・゚✧

True to his word, Mustang took both boys over to Shou Tucker's house. It took the Sewing Life Alchemist by surprise to have guests, but he invited everyone inside with gentlemanly manners. Mustang introduced both parties, and Ed began to explain their interest in transmuting life.

"We've done some research into transmuting life, but nothing like what you've done, " Edward began with a grin. "We've studied under Liz—er—Elizabeth Luxanna—"

"Oh," came Shou Tucker's flat response, his shoulder stiffening at the mention of the Spring Alchemist. "Yes, her. She's very brilliant, isn't she? If she were to ever venture into animal, or human testing, I bet she'd have no trouble making a chimaera."

"Probably," Edward agreed, reflexively thinking back on how Elizabeth was already experimenting with human corpses.

'Yeesh,' he thought. He could never do that, he didn't have the stomach for it. He was a man of science so he understood the importance of testing with cadavers but Ed didn't think he could do it.

"Aha, you didn't have to agree so easily..."

"Oh, sorry," Ed apologized. 'Although it's probably true... she's got some crazy good intuition. At times, it's like she's way older than she actually is.'

Shou Tucker fell silent for a few seconds before he smiled kindly. "You boys are welcome to use my library. I'll be curious to see what students of Miss Luxanna think of my research."

"Thank you, sir," both boys chorused.

"Daddy?" came a small voice around the corner. A girl barely older than six appeared, her big brown eyes widening upon seeing the guests. She was a cute thing, with her hair done up into two braided pigtails. Following right behind her was a massive dog with soft white fur, and gentle eyes.

"Oh, Nina. Come in, say hello to the Elric brothers. The one in the armor is Alphonse, and Edward here is his older brother. Edward is the Fullmetal Alchemist. Boys... this is my daughter, Nina."

Nina shyly smiled at them. "Hello. Are you going to help Daddy with his research?"

"Maybe," Ed commented, tossing her a friendly grin.

"I wish I could help Daddy with his research," Nina whispered. "He's always working so hard..."

"Now, now, Nina... " Shou chided. "Why don't you go play while I show the Elric brothers the library."

"What are you currently researching?" Alphonse politely asked.

"Well, I got my State Alchemist Certificate by creating a talking chimaera... I hope to do the same again."