Chapter 16

After a week of being in the hospital, Astrid was finally discharged. Anna gladly moved Astrid into her room which they share together. Elsa loves having Astrid around too, Astrid feels welcomed to the Arrendelle family.

Astrid stretches exiting the bedroom yawning. She walks into the kitchen seeing Elsa cooking away at the stove.

"Good morning, Astrid! Did you sleep well?" Elsa asks with a smile.

"I did, thank you. The stitches and broken bones are really being a bother though," Astrid says tiredly.

Elsa smiles sadly and gives her a hug, planting a gentle kiss into her dirty blonde hair. Astrid wraps her arms as best as she can around her older sister.

"They'll heal nicely with plenty of rest, love and the right nutrients." Elsa smiles and says, "Speaking of! I made breakfast! Bacon, sausages and eggs!"

Astrid cheers and wolfs down breakfast greedily. She moans in euphoria with every bite; the hospital meals weren't exactly pleasant. Elsa walks back into the kitchen and begins washing up watching the trees leaves sway gently in the wind.

"Good morning, sisters!" Anna squeals from the doorway.

Elsa and Astrid laugh, Anna snatches her plate off the counter and wolfs her food down standing up. Safe to say, Anna was quite hungry herself.

"Don't you have the officers coming out today?" Anna asks Astrid.

Elsa's eyes widen in shock and she drops the glass into the sink making it shatter, the two girls in the next room jump from the sound.

"Gosh, I need to stop being so clumsy!" Elsa scolds herself.

Anna stares at Elsa's back. She's never known Elsa to be clumsy, she decides to drop it and continues her conversation with Astrid.

"Yeah, they're actually coming out. The doctors told me to rest as much as possible so they offered to come to me instead," Astrid replies.

Elsa flinches hearing Astrid's comment only to accidentally cut her left palm.

"Holy!" She yells.

Anna and Astrid look at one another, they look over at Elsa to see blood pooling in her left hand.

"Elsa! Holy shit!" Anna exclaims in shock rushing to her.

"Anna! Language!" Elsa scolds.

Despite her gushing flesh wound, she still scolds Anna for cursing. Anna shakes her head pulling a chair out for Elsa to sit down.

"Just leave the sink. I'll sort it once I've bandaged my hand," Elsa says.

Anna nods. She dashes to the bathroom to grab the first aid kit to help her sister out. She brings it into the kitchen and brings out alcohol wipes and tweezers.

Elsa nervously eyes the tweezers and says, "It was just a clean cut with a shard, there isn't any glass in my hand I don't think."

Anna bites her lip nervously and nods accepting Elsa's explanation. Anna grabs a cloth and begins dabbing away at the small spillage of blood which actually took a few minutes then wipes her sister's hand with care. As the wipe comes into contact with Elsa's skin, she bites the inside of her cheeks harshly.

"Do you want me to do that for you, Anna? After all, you've got to head into college." Astrid says.

"College can wait a few minutes," Anna says dismissively.

Elsa frowns at Anna's response. She's worked so hard to have Anna chase her dream, she has been paying for her little sister's college tuition and kept pushing her to work hard. Elsa doesn't want Anna to turn out the way she has, stealing to feed herself and shelter the family.