Bus Ride

The bus ride to Tacoma was dreadful. I couldn't get the picture of Bella out of my head. Her eyes rolled to the back of her head like she was possessed. I leaned my head against the window. It's started raining about an hour after I got onto the bus. The water rolled off the windows and made a light, calming noise. Although I should be on my guard, I couldn't keep my heavy eyelids from falling. As the day grew darker, my vision slowly became pitch black.

I woke up to the bus stop so suddenly. The door flung open and two men in black coats walked through those doors. I looked up and pure terror was in my eyes. I quickly grabbed my bag and hugged it. The men walked down the aisle checking I.D cards. I grabbed my fake one out of my bag and kept my head low. The last thing I need is to be caught. I took a glance at my bag to see if the egg was hidden in the secret pocket. Then it came. The one thing I've been dreading for 6 years

"Hey, show me your I.D and face." He said strongly. I passed him my I.D hoping he won't notice my slight shaking, but another question popped up in my head. Is it him? "Now look at me!" He ordered strictly. I looked up with a weight that was keeping me from looking up. I finally did resentfully. To my shock, it was him, Shawn. I looked deeper into his eyes. They were full of shock and sadness. I quickly looked back down. "Let me search your bag." Shawn yanked my bag out of my arms. I let go and fell back into my seat. He quickly looked through my bag and didn't find the egg. I let out a sigh of relief when he swiftly threw the bag to me. Then he left. I looked through my bag once more to see if it was still there. My heart settled down when I found it where I left it. Then I noticed a piece of paper that wasn't mine. I unfolded it slowly and it read,

"Meet me where our lives changed. -Shawn," that happened to be where I was heading, Tacoma, Washington.

My head was spinning with questions. "Why would he help me?" I asked myself. "For the past three years, he did nothing but hide from me." instincts wanted to put all my trust in him and believe this is not a scam, but my heart says other things. One being he wouldn't show up. Two being this is a trap for me getting captured, but I wanted to believe. I remember my ignorance when I found the egg. "It's fine. Mom and dad don't need to know. Right? Plus if you die I will take blame okay. Now chill and have some fun in your life." I smirked at my memory. I should've listened to him then my life would have been normal, but something 'bout the egg. It was calling me to save it.

I did some research and this egg has touched this planet before records go back. I maybe bit off more than I can chew, but it was calling me. It is considered as mythology in our time and age. I have 5 years to make worth of this egg before it disappears again. It is special because of its powers it grants, so many people want it for power, but I plan to change that. I want it to do some good in this world. The egg is so valuable. Giving you the power to locate any person and kill them, with a price. You must sacrifice something very important to you. I've only used this power once. I cut off all my hair to give to this god. My hair was part of my identity and was very important to my religion. I gave up my arm and leg for this egg. But watching myself suffer from a horrific memory was not a path I wanted to take. I wanted to take the path of justice and revenge. So I killed the person that caused my parents to suffer. Die. I internally screamed. The tears threatening to fall. I blinked them back, my eyes burning. I didn't want to cry over spilt milk. I will bend over backwards. I will meet him where it all began.