Ch 5 Fixing a Broken Pearl

Start from the beginning

"I see that you are awake, my Starlight." White spoke, not in her eerie voice, but in a calm, soothing and somewhat motherly tone.

"Steven wished to speak to us about an important matter."

The other two Diamonds looked at each other for a second before nodding and ordering all gems out of the room, including their Pearls.

"What is it that you wish to tell us Steven?" Yellow was a bit concerned for her son, did something happen to him over those three days?

"Before I say anything, I just hope you won't see me differently after I tell you." Steven was sad, he knew he had to tell them because they deserved to know but he was also unsure if they would treat him differently.

White's smile turned into a frown. "Why would we see you any different, Starlight? Is something wrong?" She spoke worried

Steven bit his lip and looked away. "I had a memory of Pink Diamond." 

Blue and Yellow gasped while White raised her brow in interest. Steven just kept looking away from them in fear of what they might do to him. But when nothing came he turned to see all of them looking at him.

"What did you see, Steven?" His blue mom asked him. She wasn't mad, but was concerned for her son. Blue wasn't going to lie though, she was still sad when she heard Pink's name but she was more concerned for Steven and what he saw.

"I was in what looked like Pink Diamond's room. I wore this pink outfit with little white balls on the shoes. I was on a pink bubble while I juggled more pink bubbles. I heard laughing and clapping next to me so I turned to her and saw," Steven looked right at White. "Pink Pearl. The very pearl that you have now White," Steven looked away from White. "But she wasn't white, she was pink and didn't have the cracked eye. She looked bright and happy. She was filled with so much life. Pink Pearl spoke to me saying that 'I needed to prepare for the ball'. My body moved on its own and when I looked in the mirror I saw Pink Diamond, not me."

When Steven finished he looked at his Diamond family and saw that they were all wide-eyed. Tears fell from his eyes as he looked away from them. "I knew you were going to see me differently."

The sound of Steven crying brought them out of their trance as Blue was quick to take him of her shoulder and cradle him as best she could.

"Steven, we would never see you any different. We love you and that will never change." Her soothing voice seemed to calm him down but his worries were still there.

 "Blue is right Steven, we would never see you any different. Though how you are having memories of Pink is a bit confusing." 

Steven looked at his yellow mom before looking at White. White smiled at him with a motherly smile, telling him that he was alright and they wouldn't see him any different.

Steven sniffled one more time as he took in their words and felt in his gem that they were telling him the truth. His famous smile returned, but only for a second as he remembered Pinky.

"White? Was Pink Pearl always your Pearl?" He asked. Steven needed to know the truth and White was his best shot.

White sighed and shook her head. "No, Steven, she wasn't. That Pearl originally belonged to Pink and when she got her colony, I took her Pearl and gave her mine. My original Pearl then betrayed Homeworld and joined Rose Quartz in the rebellion." White had a hint of anger as she spoke the last part but it seemed that no one noticed.

Steven's eyes widened in shock at the information he received. The Pearl on Earth that he knew his whole life was White's original Pearl!? But he needed to know for sure.