All you need is love - funeral

Chapter 12

JOHN’S POV

Brian is in his bed. He’s been there for three days, now. He’s just staying there, crying and sleeping. We’re tired of this, so I’m going to wake him up. Today there’s the funeral and he must come.

“Brian?” I say, getting in the house. I only hear a painful moan. He isn’t asleep.

“Brian, you have to wake up. Today there’s the service.”

“I don’t want to wake up, John.”

“Yes, but you have to. Come on. We have only 2hrs before the service.”

I don’t get an answer, so I sigh and I kiss his forehead.

“Brian, I know it’s hard, but you have to be strong. You have a band, we need you. And he told you not to break down. HE doesn’t want you to be like that.”

“HE is dead!”

Brian starts to sob. I gently rub his back.

“John, please, kill me! Grab a knife and kill me! I don’t want to take it anymore! Kill me!”

“NO, BRIAN. You have to live. We need you.”

He slowly calms down.

“Ssst, I’m here Brian. I won’t leave you. Come on. Wake up.”

He comes out of bed.

“Good. Take a shower.”

While he’s washing, I prepare him some sandwiches. When he comes out, he eats them. We’re about to leave, when he says:

“John…”

“Yes?”

“Before going… could I cry a little more?”

“Of course you can. Come here.”

I pull him into a tight hug while he breaks down. I gently stroke his hair and kiss his head.

“Ssst… cry baby, cry. We love you.”

We get into the car and I start to drive. The funeral is a simple one, only a few friends. After the service we take Brian home. He’s destroyed. He gets into the bed and soon falls asleep.