Chapter 14: Tranquility

Start from the beginning

They got in the water and started to play around. Flynn went for a swim while Kyan stayed with Skye. They splashed water around and played with the beach ball they had brought with them. When Flynn returned, Kyan took his turn to swim.

"I told you you'd like this." Flynn smiled.

"Yeah, I'm never gonna doubt you again." Skye rolled her eyes.

"Come on, let's play catch," Kyan said, throwing the ball at Flynn.

"Come on Skye, try to take the ball from me," Flynn taunted.

"You're such an ass," Skye laughed when Flynn moved to deeper waters to keep Skye from reaching the ball. "That's so not fair. But it's okay. If you played fair it'd only be too easy for me to take it from you." She childishly poked out her tongue at him.

Kyan noticed the look in Flynn's eyes as he laughed at Skye. It was different from how he looked at other girls or close friends like Emma and Jane. It was difficult to put it into words but he felt like there was more to it. He also noticed that Flynn was finding excuses to touch Skye, whether it was grabbing her waist and moving her to shallower areas or playing with her hair as if he himself didn't notice what he was doing. His eyes lit up with pure happiness whenever he managed to make Skye laugh and none of it went unnoticed by Kyan. He was observing them closely the whole time. Kyan's lips curled into smile as he thought of ways to tease Flynn.

When the sun was about to set, they got out of the water and sat down to watch a glorious sunset. After the sun had disappeared under the horizon, taking with it all the colors from the sky, they packed up.

"That was really fun and relaxing. I think a day like this at the beach would be enough to cheer anyone up. This has to be the best place I've seen," Kyan stated, giving one last look at the beach.

"Yeah but we're not even halfway done with our trip. I bet there'd be even more amazing places to see, although it'd be hard to top a day like this. We should come back here with the whole gang one day," Flynn said wistfully.

****

"I'm so tired because of all the swimming. I just know my muscles are gonna be sore tomorrow. That's how unfit I am," Kyan groaned as they sat down at the diner for dinner.

It was a cozy little place filled with people of different ages. The room had a joyful feel to it, alight with the buzz of more than a dozen different conversations which were muffled but comforting.

"I wonder how everyone's holidays are going. Did you hear anything from Ave?" Flynn asked as their waiter returned with three plates piled with delicious looking food.

"Yeah, she said she's bored to death and that she has no plans whatsoever," Kyan said, digging into his plate enthusiastically. "I'm telling you, she's too lazy to even plan anything." He laughed.

"I remember the last time we made plans with her. It was hell. Even after everything was planned and ready she was too lazy to even her out of her house. She just ruins stuff at the last minute." Flynn rolled his eyes.

"But you guys still love hanging out with her, don't you? So she can't be all that bad." Skye raised an eyebrow.

"Of course, she's really fun. She just needs a bit of convincing to get out of her house. Once she gets over her laziness she'd be the most energetic person in the group. You'll see when you meet her. I can't wait for you guys to meet. She looks forward to meeting you too," Kyan beamed at Skye.

Skye felt a sinking feeling in her stomach. She wasn't all that excited to meet Ave. She didn't even know if she wanted to. She pushed her thoughts aside and forced a smile in return.

As usual, they talked while eating and after Skye was done with her meal, she excused herself to call her dad who wanted to check up on her.

"So, is there someone that you like?" Kyan asked suddenly.

"What? What are you talking about?" Flynn's eyes widened in surprise.

"Well, your eyes are sparkling, buddy."

"What the hell? Where's this coming from?"

"If your eyes look like that it means you're in love or you like someone a lot."

"Don't tell me you actually believe that load of bullshit? Where did you even hear about that?" Flynn laughed.

"It's not and I heard it from an expert," Kyan said confidently.

"Wow, man, you're not as smart as everyone says, huh?" Flynn teased.

"If you won't believe me, fine. But I know there's something going on with you. I've seen you with girls all the time but you act really different now from before."

"Hey guys, let's go. I wanna get enough sleep before we hit the road again." Skye returned after finishing the call.

"Yeah let's get the bill and head back to the motel," Flynn said hurriedly, avoiding Kyan's gaze.

Kyan let it go for the time being but he wasn't planning on dropping it completely. He wanted to finish that talk with Flynn and in the meantime, he had other plans cooking up in his mind.

*****

A/N

Hi. Another chapter for y'all. What do you think about this chapter? Let me know through the comments and don't forget to vote.

P.s The chapter picture is a photo taken (of the Maldives beach which is not as described in the chapter but I still think it suits it) by my friend GotDream7 and if you like it and wanna see more of her awesome photography of Maldives check out her Instagram. Her ID is little.too.much_ ❤️

You guys are awesome and I love y'all. ❤️