𝟒. 𝐀𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

ON THE NEXT DAY, I walk to school. I hate school buses. I've never liked them. I have a car, the Cullens gifted me one, but not every teenager has a car in this town, so I barely use mine. The Cullens say it will draw too much-unwanted attention. That's one of the reasons why I am the only one who attends school this time. The next time we move, we will all go to University. It will be my first time. I don't know what to expect.

While walking to school, I almost pass a chance to get to know Kayla better. Because I almost pass the bakery, where she is sitting.

I don't debate whether I should go and talk to her. Not only I have to put the plan in action... I want to.

There's something about Kayla that attracts me to her, like a magnet. Bella thinks that could be my second chance after Renesmee. But no matter what, Kayla will never replace her.

As I step into the bakery, the tiny bell rings, signalling my entrance. Some customers whip their heads in my direction. Why do they have to do this? I'm just a young man who wants nothing but to talk to another young woman.

I order a coffee and the first viennoiserie that has caught my eye and quickly make my way to Kayla. The question "Can I sit here?", somehow shoots straight out of my mouth. She doesn't have anything against that, seeing that she motions to me to just sit down. I swear, this woman can leash me like a dog and drag me around and I will obey.

She takes a sip of her drink and looks at me with serious eyes, "It seems like everywhere I go, you are there," she gulps for a dramatic effect, "Why is that?"

I shrug, playing my game. I can't let her know what is going on in my mind. She doesn't need to know anyways, "I wish I knew the same—"

She interrupts me, "I don't mind it though."

It takes me a minute to notice what she is wearing - a grey Varsity jacket. Her hair is tied in a low side ponytail with a few shorter streaks framing her face. It suits her.

Looking at her wristwatch, Kayla notices that there's plenty of time before school starts and we don't have to go. I am surprised pleasantly. By her words, it seems like she wants to walk to school with me. Does she like me that much? Has she learnt to like me enough for such a short time?

"I think we should stick together," she proposes, "You don't seem to have many friends and same goes for me, I'm new here, you know?", she chuckles and tucks some hair behind her ear. I find her chuckle adorable.

I think about her words. As much as I hate to admit it, she is right. I have to live in the moment.

"You know? I'm happy that you came to me," she smiles and looks under her lashes.

I smile back. I am glad too.

The plan is working.

YES!!