Chapter 17: Forgiveness

Kendall POV

My door was pounded by several knocks and I slid out of bed in a daze. I slipped on a pair of night pants and quietly made my way downstairs. The knocks erupted again and I jumped as I neared closer. I lifted my eye towards the peep hole and gasped when I saw who my visitor was. My heart hammered against my chest as I slowly unlocked the door and opened it.

"Shane, what are you doing here?" I asked quietly.

My emotions were a wreck. Here he was, standing on my porch, looking as handsome as ever and I loved him; but I was so angry at him and I had to tell myself not to let him in again. He ran his fingers through his hair, it had grown since that last time I saw him two months ago, and gestured behind me.

"You got my roses." He whispered.

I turned to look at the bucket of roses he gave me for my birthday. Most of them had died, so I tossed them out, but I kept a few of them as a memory.

"I did. Thank you." I replied.

He reached out for me but I took a step back and looked at the ground. Shane sighed at my reluctance and leaned against my door hinge.

"We can be together now Kendall."

I scoffed. "Really? We can? Wow, Shane. I waited two months just for you to say that. I absolutely could not survive without knowing that."

He opened his mouth to respond but I held up my hand. "If you think knocking on my door at midnight and saying we can be together will make me want you, because the time is convenient for you, then you are a screwed up man!"

Shane frowned and looked down at his hands. "You're right. I have no right to come to your house and say I want you. I should've never let you leave that night my dad came. But Kendall, I realized you had to leave. It was the only way for us to be together completely."

I rolled my eyes. "Are you done?"

"Kendall please. I need you. I handled my father and Amber. They will not bother us anymore. I'm head of the company now! Everything is okay!"

I shook my head. He still didn't understand. "And I'm happy for you Shane. I am. But, I moved on and I feel great. I don't have to stress about racist assholes or females trying to jeopardize me. I'm relieved!"

Shane took my hands and smiled. "That's what I'm saying Kendall! We don't have to worry about any of that. I took care of it! We can be together and be together in peace."

He tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and looked into my eyes. "Kendall I want to be with you. During those two months you're all I thought about."

"No." I said.

His eyes widened and he looked at me in surprise. "No?"

I shook my head at him. "You heard me. No."

He stepped away from me and frowned. "Fine. But I won't leave until you talk to me or at least give me a chance."

"I'm not letting you in. Just go home, Shane." I said with a sigh.

"I'll just sit on your porch until you talk to me."

I watched with my mouth wide as he sat down on the porch steps and pulled out his phone. I smirked. "Fine."

I slammed the door and waited a few seconds before peeking through my front window to see if he was still there. He was. I rolled my eyes and went upstairs to go back to bed. He would leave soon.

* * * *

A yawn escaped my lips and I smiled as I stretched in bed. Today was Sunday which meant I didn't have to work, and I had already scheduled an appointment for myself at the spa. I needed to be pampered for a few hours because I had been working so hard at the clinic.