Chapter 8: Stalker Stalker

Start from the beginning

"Tell him I'll be down in a minute," he replied.

I heard a small "oops" escape from Mike lips as he folded his arms across his chest.

Vic looked up and almost jumped out of his skin at the sight that I was there. Seriously, he was like a cat that was about to hit the roof!

"Ke-Kellin!?" he said, still shocked with eyes double their normal size.

"Hi," I smiled to him, making sure it was that winning smile I worked on for so long. He smiled back, giving a better one without any need of practice. Probably.

"Ah," he fumbled around, pulling both headphones out, turning off the music and chucking it off the bed. "Sorry about the mess." he spoke slow while holding an embarrassed expression as he looked around at the catastrophic mess that is Victor Fuentes' room.

"Nah, don't worry about it," I replied, hiding the slight anxiety the room was bringing into me.

Mike rolled his eyes and walked away from the room. I stayed standing awkwardly in the doorway.

Vic moved some things around the room and off his bed before speaking, "Just go, um, take a seat over there," he spoke, pointing towards the bed as he shoved clothes in random draws of his dresser.

I shut the door and wandered over to the bed, sitting down on the edge closest to the door, hearing a squeak from the mattress, feeling the bed sink below me.

Vic continued to move a few more things around before grabbing some paper and pens and sitting down on the bed. He sat on the end against the wall, centre of the two white pillows.

"So..." Vic started. "We should probably start." He picked up a pen handing it to me.

I took the pen and started flicking it between my fingers. "Sure, if you want to."

We sat in silence, both consumed by ideas of what to write about. Well, at least he was. My mind was only thinking of thoughts of Vic. Like, how I could simply reach out and touch his coffee coloured skin... I feel no motivation towards writing a song at this time, all I want to do it look at Vic, talk to Vic, and more importantly, touch Vic. Not that I'd be allowed to do that last one. Despite what happened just the other night, I can't do the things with him my body is urging me to do. He either doesn't want to bring it up, from something like embarrassment or regret, or he genuinely doesn't remember. But either way, I should not bring up the topic.

I snapped out of my daze when I saw Vic's confused expression. He was looking at me inquisitively, waiting for something.

"Huh?" I asked, confused myself, furrowing my eyebrows.

Vic let out a breath. "I said- do you have any ideas yet. On what you'd like to sing."

I gave my head a slight shake, still waking to the world. "Uh, well I thought we were doing the whole love slash break up thing?" I answered, coming out sounding like a question, because I am still unsure myself.

"Yeah, but to do with that," Vic replied, giving the smallest eye roll. He sure seems different at home. He's more comfortable here, obviously. Maybe he just has a problem with school, that's why he's seems so shy...

"Oh. I don't know..." I said in thought. I have to think of something. Quick! "Uh, do you want to do lyrics or music first?"

"Either one's fine with me," he said, getting up off the bed and wandering over to where his acoustic guitar sat. Lifting it up with his delicate fingers he brought it back down to where he sat. "But I've got this just in case."

"Hmm," I hummed, coming up with an idea at last for the song. "It could be about a guy chasing after a lost love. Like, about how he still loves her."

Vic's smile reappeared at the idea. "That's great! And how she's all he thinks of, and everything he wants. Regrets what he's done?"

"Yes!" I can't believe we are actually coming up with ideas. "He will do anything to be with her forever!"

Our ideas came pouring out until we actually had the foundations of a song. We scribbled down our thoughts towards it, ready to come up with lyrics and melody to match.

"Well," I started, putting the lid back on the pen, dropping it to the bed. "I think we've achieved something today."

I smiled towards Vic, which he returned. "Yeah! Well done," he praised while bringing his hand up into a high five with my own. I just got to high five Vic! And trust me, I wasn't the one to bring their hand away first. I looked down to my watch sitting on my left wrist. 8:00 PM.

"I should get going now," I said, looking up to him.

"Okay," he replied, looking down at his own watch. "But you can stay for dinner? It should be about ready by now."

As much as I loved the sound of that, I knew it would be an imposition on his family. I'm sure they only prepared for themselves.

"Nah, it's fine," I said. "I have left overs from last night." Okay, not so much left overs, but a microwave dinner.

Vic's face held a slight pout. And no, not one of those fake ones. It was genuine... disappointment? "Okay, I'll walk you downstairs."

----------

I'm actually sorry for the bad ending. This chapter was like twice as long originally, and I had to end somewhere. So yeah...