"Finally!" Peter shouted in excitement, causing the adults around him to laugh.

"First question. Any nightmares in the past two days?"

Peter and Steve shook their heads. 

"Good. You've made real progress then" the therapist said.

Tony spoke up, "I didn't know you two were having nightmares."

"Well," Steve began "we did in the beginning but we haven't for over a week. That's why Peter and I were sleeping together- to help with the nightmares. I had him override Jarvis so that you wouldn't get constant alerts about us."

"Still, you should have told me, honey."

Steve used his free hand to gently cup Tony's cheek, effectively forcing the billionaire to maintain eye contact. "We're okay. We weren't in the beginning, but we are now, thanks to you. I doubt we would be here right now if it wasn't for Dr. Barden and she's only here because you hired her. So thank you, Tony."

"As much as I love seeing you two finally talking, I still have other things to go over before you two can be released from therapy. If you want to continue talking, we can get you two couples therapy, but that's not my specialty."

"We're fine." Steve said "Thank you"

"Alright, question two. Did you both complete your homework?'

Peter answered. "Yep! I talked with Ned, MJ, Nat, and Bruce."

Steve said "Sam, Bucky, Nat, Thor"

"Good", the therapist smiled. "Did talking about the attack help?"

The two nodded. 

"Good. Now I have a new assignment for you. Both of you will need to talk to Tony about the incident."

Tony could've sensed the nerves over a mile away. While it didn't show on their faces, their nervousness was clearly shown in the actions. Steve was running his hand up and down his jeans, drawing something invisible on the denim, while Peter was tapping his fingers on the wooden table in a steady, almost inaudible rhythm. If Tony hadn't known his family so well, he never would've noticed. 

It appeared Dr. Barden had noticed their nervous habits as well. While Tony had decided to stay quiet about it, the therapist choose to mention and discuss it.

"What are you nervous about?"

Peter answered, shakily. "Telling dad."

"Telling him what?"

"About the attack" The teenager almost whispered.

"Why? Why are you nervous?" She pressed.

"I don't know." He shook his head. Across the table, Tony reached his hand to gently rub circles on Peter's. It seemed to slightly relax the teenager. "I don't know" He repeated, his eyes beginning to fill with tears.

Steve grabbed Peter's other hand, the one Tony wasn't holding, and spoke up. "I'm nervous" he began, "because I don't know how Tony will react. I know, deep down, he won't leave me, but I'm worried he'll look at me differently or- or treat me differently."

Dr. Barden didn't seem satisfied with his answer and continued asking questions. "That would be anxiety, likely caused by PTSD. Pos-"

"Post traumatic stress disorder" Steve and Peter finished in unison. It made sense they both knew as the two were both heroes. Even more so for Steve since he was a soldier in World War II. 

The therapist smiled. "Good. But Steve, have you ever had these concerns before? The worry that Tony will leave you?"

Steve laughed. "All the time"