Harley

It was a chilly Autumn day in New York City. Peter was curled up on the grease-covered green couch in Tony's personal lab as he waited for his mentor/father figure to arrive. The billionaire in question was in some boring meeting that he would love to skip but would end up murdered by Pepper if he didn't attend. But Peter didn't mind waiting. It gave him a chance to do homework, read a book, talk to the other Avengers, take a nap, etc. etc. etc. Really, the list was infinite. 

So there he sat with a book in hand (Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury), patiently waiting for Tony. The lab was quiet, save for DUM-E whirling around the linoleum floors, getting into trouble like usual. Peter felt at peace for once in his hectic life.

And then FRIDAY interrupted.

"Mr. Parker, there appears to be a guest at the door. He claims to know Mr. Stark. Shall I let him in?"

Peter pondered for a second. "What's his name?"

FRIDAY was quiet for a second as she asked the visitor. After a few seconds, her voice sounded through the hidden speakers once more. "Harley Keener"

"Run his name through the database for me, please."

There was once again a pause as the AI did as requested. A moment or so later, she said, "Harley Keener met Mr. Stark once in Tennessee. He-"

Peter's head snapped up. "What are you waiting for? Invite him in!" The teenager took off down the long hallways of Stark Tower in order to great the boy who had saved his da- mentor.

With his abilities, what should have been a fifteen minute walk turned into a two second run. The light up sketchers on his feet screeched and squealed as he darted around corners and narrowly avoided the employees of Stark Industries. He was only slightly out of breath by the time he reached the lobby where he came face-to-face with a teenage boy.

While Peter had never met Harley before, Tony had told the story from all those years ago in a 
Tennessee garage and even shown a picture or two. What really surprised him was how much Harley had grown. The pictures had shown a pre-teen around the age of twelve or maybe thirteen. The bo- man in front of him was at least sixteen. Peter felt stupid for forgetting about aging and stuff like that.

"Hey. I'm Peter. Peter Parker. Mr. Stark's personal intern. He's told me a lot about you and how you helped him after the whole Mandarin thing."

Harley was a bit surprised at finding out about Tony's secret assistant but was not deterred in the slightest. "I would say the same about you but it's been years since I've seen him. Speaking of Tony, do you know where I could find him?"

Peter gave a small chuckle at the other teenager's comment. He could tell the two of them would get along great. "Actually he's in a meeting right now but if you want I can take you to my lab while you wait."

Thirty minutes later and the two boys were acting as though they had known each other for years. They had created a handshake, shared stories, told jokes, built a robot, made plans for more robots, created a master plan for a prank war, and created a couple inside jokes as well. Anyone who met them would assume they were friends since birth. 

At least that's what Tony thought when he walked into Peter's lab to find a long lost friend/son-figure. I'll spare the details but Tony had practically vaulted across the room to hug Harley. The three ended up eating dinner together and catching up on everything.

"So, Harles," Tony twirled a bite of spaghetti on his fork, "what brings you to New York?"

Harley swallowed his bite of garlic bread before answering. "I begged my mom to let me move here for a really high ranking science school and you are the only person I know in New York City so I figured I might as well find you."

"What school?"

"Where are you staying?" Peter and Tony spoke at the same time.

"I think it's called Midtown or something like that and I was just planning on getting a hotel."

Peter practically exploded with happiness as he realized Harley would be attending his school. The two began to talk animatedly together about school and science and whatnot before Tony interrupted.

"Uh uh. There is no way a practically son of mine will be staying in a hotel when I have a perfectly good room right next to Peter's."

Peter and Harley looked at each other before practically squealing in excitement. They both glanced at Tony and shouted 'thank you' numerous times before running off to discuss plans, leaving Tony alone at the dinner table. Nobody would know but he was very happy to have both of his 'kids' under one roof together. While the teenagers continued bonding and talking together, Tony called up a lawyer and discussed adoption plans. He would wait at least a year before doing anything but it was good to have a plan set. He was ready to make those kids his kids.

----------------

New ending because Wattpad sucks and deleted a huge chunk of this oneshot. Happy reading!