Parent-Teacher Confrence

I'm so sorry I haven't updated in forever. I have two other drafts in progress and I'm hoping to get those out as soon as possible. Thank you all so much for 4K reads and all the votes. I appreciate you all so much. Happy reading!
——————-
Peter was smart. There was no doubt about that. He was already a genius before meeting Tony but his intelligence and curiosity grew as he was introduced further into the world of knowledge. And it helped that there were a bunch of doctors (both medical and non) that lived in the tower. The teenager got all A's with minimal studying required and received the highest grades in classes sophomores in college were taking.

Due to this, Peter was always talked about highly during parent-teacher conferences. After his parents died, it became uncle-aunt-teacher conferences and eventually aunt-teacher conference.

But then May got a new job and signed over guardianship rights to Tony Stark-Potts and his wife Pepper Potts (he had chosen to take Pepper's last name so that his initials were TSP since he is in fact the little spoon). This Thursday would be the first conference Peter would have to miss. It wasn't a mission or an illness or anything. He just hadn't told his guardians about the meeting and instead told his homeroom teacher that his aunt couldn't make it to a meeting due to work. Which was technically true.

So Peter planned to stay home from school on Thursday and Friday while other students went with their parents to discuss their academic accomplishments and downfalls. He was hoping to relax and watch movies with the Avengers or train some more or work in the lab with Tony or literally anything with his new family but it all same crashing down when Pepper walked into the penthouse living room.

She noticed the young hero flipping through the large collection of movies, trying to find a good selection for the marathon he was planning later that night. The CEO was surprised to see her genius not-yet-adopted-son not ready for something regarding his education and she voiced her shock to the unsuspecting teenager.

"What are you doing?"

Peter's head snapped up at the sudden sound. When he saw it was only Pepper, he instantly relaxed. "I'm looking for some movies. Why? Is there a mission? Does Tony need me in the lab? Is Thor coming to visit?" The teenager continued guessing, growing more excited with every incorrect prediction until Pepper thankfully interrupted him.

"No. Maybe later. But we have a meeting with your teacher in less than an hour."

His heart stopped momentarily (it's an expression people). "How did you know?"

Pepper looked at the teenager as though he was an idiot (which was justified considering he had no common sense). "I get emails from your school. And so does Tony. For a kid who goes to a school for geniuses you really don't have any sense"

"Just because I have spidey sense doesn't mean I have common sense."

The CEO gave a small laugh before sobering up and telling Peter to get ready. While he showered and dressed, he continued thinking about the meeting. He wasn't sure how his teacher would respond to two of the most famous people in the world coming in for a conference about a random high schooler. But he didn't have any more time to reflect as he clambered until the back of one of Tony's numerous cars. A short drive later and they were pulling up in front of the school.

Peter crosses his fingers for a normal conference before following behind Pepper and Tony as they walked side by side into the building. Tony tried and failed to lead them to Peter's homeroom classroom and eventually had Peter direct them to the correct room. They were surprisingly early to the meeting and stood outside the door while waiting for the current conference to finish.

The two guardians decided to look around the school and mainly see the trophy case, leaving Peter alone by the door. It was just his luck that the meeting finished and none other than Flash Thompson walked out, flanked by his parents. The bully took the opportunity and began speaking.

"This is just pathetic, Penis. Why even bother coming if you're alone." He sneered.

Peter was not surprised by Flash's behavior and tried to ignore him. Mr. and Mrs. Thompson both left (not without a few nasty comments of their own) as to avoid associating with the 'filth'. The younger Thompson continued with his degrading while Peter simply stayed silent. Flash did not like this and shoved Peter to the floor.

"You're worthless!" Punch "and pathetic" another hit "and if I were your parents" kick "I'd kill myself too!"

Peter flinched as he waited for the next attack but it never came. Instead he felt the loving and soothing touch of Pepper's perfectly manicured hands as she helped him to his feet. He opened his eyes to find Tony screaming at a pale Flash and threatening to sue. The Thompsons both rushed at the sound of someone berating their son and instantly froze at the sight of Tony Stark.

But they quickly recovered and began to argue back about how they were both lawyers and would win. Only for Tony to strike back with the mention of his legal team and their numerous successes. Peter couldn't tear his eyes away from his angry mentor/father figure while Pepper continued her inspection of the injured teen. Thankfully nothing was broke but his face was already beginning to bruise. Even with his advanced healing it would take a while before the swelling decreased and his face returned to a normal color.

The teenager was barely paying attention to what Tony was saying as he yelled at the Thompsons (who were obviously losing the argument). The teacher had stepped out of the room but (widely) decided against interfering.

"-that is my son and he will not be treated this way! Even if he wasn't my kid he still does not deserve this type of behavior!"

Peter's head instantly snapped over to see a very pissed off Tony and some very frightened Thompson's next to a very surprised teacher. Pepper let go of Peter and grabbed Tony's arm, dragging him out of the hall and into an empty classroom, muttering an apology/excuse/explanation to the teacher and shooting glares at Flash and his parents.

The young hero turned to his teacher and bully and opened his mouth to speak...but nothing came out. So he instead mumbled out something resembling an excuse before following his guardians. When he opened the door, he found Tony sitting on a desk with his head against Pepper's chest as she whispered calming words while he worked on controlling his breathing.

They had not yet become aware of the teenager's presence and with Peter's super-hearing, he heard Tony saying something. It sounded like he was cursing Flash and his parents and the teacher but mainly himself. Peter's heart broke as he heard his favorite person talking down about themself in such a manner. Tony was blaming himself for leaving Peter alone but anyone with hearing could tell his argument was greatly flawed.

So Peter did the only logical thing and walked up to Tony. The billionaire shifted slightly so Peter knew he had heard his footsteps but he surprisingly did not lift his head to greet him. Peter looked at Pepper who simply nodded before she took a few steps away from her husband. Tony finally raised his head and cane face to face with his mentee. When he noticed the disappearance of his wife and the appearance of his favorite non-intern-intern, he instantly began to apologize.

"I am so sorry, Pete. I should've controlled my temper it's just I saw that as- that kid bullying you and I just got so mad and I lost it and I'm really sorry and I probably ruined everythi-" the billionaire was cut off as Peter pulled him into a bone-crushing hug (which was totally possible with his incredible strength).

Tony didn't hesitate to return the embrace and instantly relaxed. He knew that Peter wasn't angry at him and it further relieved his unexplained guilt. After a minute or so, Pepper interrupted to remind them of the meeting with the teacher still waiting outside the door.

As the small family walked out the door, the only thing audible was Peter's quiet "thanks, dad"
—————-
Happy New Year!!!!!!