Kicked Out Part 3

A part 3 was requested so here ya go. Happy reading and thanks for the votes. Also. I was reading some of my stories and they gave me ads. THIS IS MY BOOK! Also, Tony does have a panic attack in this part so please skip if it's triggering and please let me know if I got it wrong. I don't have anxiety attacks and the internet wasn't helpful so my info is coming from movies. Happy reading!
—————
It had been three weeks since May kicked Peter out onto the streets. And Peter had to say they were the best three weeks of his life. He spent his days in the workshop with Tony, learning Russian with Nat and Bucky,in the lab with Bruce, learning Italian from Tony, training with the rest of the team, cooking with Pepper and Bucky, and just lounging about the penthouse when he wasn't at school.

The entire team had warmed up to the teenager. They all had inside jokes with him and practically commanded the young hero to call them 'aunt' and 'uncle' respectively. It was amazing how well Peter adapted form his small apartment in Queens to a multi-billion dollar skyscraper in downtown NYC. Peter was happy to finally have a large family.

There was only one problem. Tony didn't have guardianship over the teen and the only way to do so would be to get permission from May. If she happened to die, it would be a different story. But as Tony told the team, they couldn't murder Peter's last blood relative.

Tony had talked with Peter and they decided it would be best to talk with May. Peter didn't say it out loud but there was a slim chance he would go back to his aunt. Tony didn't say it out loud but there was a slim chance he would let Peter go back to his aunt.

The two drove over to her apartment and knocked on the door. Tony turned to ask Peter how he was feeling but stopped when he saw the teenager shaking from nerves and possibly fear. He placed a gentle hand on Peter's shoulder, causing him to glance up. If it hadn't been obvious before, it was now. Peter was afraid to see his aunt.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Tony spoke softly. "I'm right here. I won't let her hurt you"

Peter nodded and gave a weak smile. "Yeah. Yeah. I-I'm fine. Just a little nervous"

"About?" He pressed.

He shrugged. "I don't know. I don't know which option is scarier- she doesn't want me back or she doesn't give you guardianship rights. I want her to want me 'cuz she's my last blood relative but at the same time I went her to give you the rights because she was really angry at me. Aunt May's never done anything like that before so I don't if I should forgive her or if I should hold a grudge. I don't know."

Tony was silent for a second, trying to gather his thoughts. "Peter, I can't decide that for you. You make very valid points though. I would love nothing more if I got your guardianship rights. But I don't want to tear you away from your last blood relative. If I were you, I would decide after we talk with May. Just know that whatever you choose, I will support you. No matter what." He smiled and Peter returned it.

Tony opened his mouth to speak some more but was interrupted by the door opening. Aunt May stood there in a robe, her pjs peeking out from the bottom. If she was surprised by the sight of her nephew and Iron Man standing at her doorstep, she didn't show it.

"Tony. Peter. What a lovely surprise. Come in, come in." May said in a terribly fake voice, sounding like someone inviting her new neighbors inside. She stepped aside to give space for her guests to walk through the door.

"Can I get you something to drink?" Peter looked up at Tony, surprised at how pleasant and polite his aunt was being.

The two politely declined before sitting on the worn out coach. After a minute, May returned from the kitchen with a mug of tea. She sat down on the opposite end of the coach from her nephew and his father figure. The deranged aunt stirred her tea before taking a sip. Then she spoke.