15 | epilogue

15 | EPILOGUE

Although Tara was heartbroken, she knew what she had done was right

Although Tara was heartbroken, she knew what she had done was right. She needed to get away. Anakin trying to hide his love and still trying to protect her was breaking him down on the inside. His deceit was what hurt Tara the most. He was never honest with his intentions on how he planned on saving her. He simply chose the dark path due to his immense desires to care for Tara. Yet, his rash actions were what ended up pushing her away.

There was only one good thing that came out of Anakin's deceitfulness. After Tara ran away, Anakin rebounded to Padme and somehow made her believe he was a good guy for a few weeks. She fell in love very quickly, and next thing she knew, she fell pregnant and he was the father. However, when she found out, he was already exposed as a liar and a member of the dark side. He had already disappeared himself to be with the Sith Lords, the only living group that still accepted him after everything he had done to innocent children and people.

Tara managed to flee to Alderaan. She changed her name and vowed to never use the force ever again. She lived a secret, common life on Alderaan. And for her, the only good thing that came out of it was that she finally got to fulfill her desire to have a family. She met a new man and quickly got married. She truly loved him, but no love of hers could compare to the love she shared with Anakin... until she had a child.

The love she had for her daughter, Esme, was indescribable. She was the most precious thing Tara could have asked for. She promised to protect her, no matter the cost.

Though Esme looked everything like her father and nothing like Tara, Tara could sense she had much of the force within her. She was strong. And the Force was very much present with her, just as it once was with Tara. She feared that it would draw attention from other Jedi, so, she lived in the smallest village in Alderaan that she could find in order to avoid as much foreign contact as possible.

* * *

Five years later...
Queen Maranarah had reestablished her monarchy by reconstructing a new, man made planet in which she named Varis, just like the first one so that it could feel like home. Once the queen reestablished her power, she feared that she would lose it. She had heard rumors that her bastard child had survived and became a hero in the Jedi world, and Queen Maranarah saw that as a threat to her ruling. She couldn't have a bastard showing up and claiming to be an heir. It would ruin her reputation.

So, she sent out search parties to find and kill her child. And one day... they did. They found out her name was Tara, yet, she had changed it to flee from the Darth Vader which many rumored to be her lover. They found her in Alderaan in that tiny village. And in the middle of the night, while almost everyone was still asleep, they creeped into Tara's room and slit her throat silently.

Unfortunately, Esme has been awake to see it all. She had her head peaking around the corner of the doorway. She didn't know why someone would want to harm her mother; partly because she was five mostly because she thought her mother was a mere commoner. But she did know one thing. She would seek revenge. She heard the hitmen whispering. "For the Queen! At last we've gotten rid of her bastard child. Queen Maranarah will be ecstatic once we return to Varis."

That's all Esme had to head to know exactly who her enemy was for the rest of her life. The wretched Queen.